In order to follow the Naming Conventions, it has been suggested that this page be moved to Prop Powers (Quality Universe). Discuss this and other proposed moves. Do not make any changes yourself; it will be moved by an admin and/or bot.
Click here for a complete list of articles to be moved.
"Prop" Powers was a very successful airline pilot, in the early days of the air transport industry. His reputation grew nationwide after some early encounters with organized air pirates, and Nazi agents. In 1940, well before the U.S. entry into World War II, Prop joined the U.S. Navy Air Corps, in which service he flew every sort of aircraft, from Curtiss biplanes to Douglas dive bombers.
Prop's new friend and fellow enlistee, Lank Loomis, of Tennessee, teamed up with him on many air raids and other missions. Typically he would ride along in the radioman/tailgunner's seat of a 2-seat warplane, and all piloting was handled by Powers. Loomis carried with him, at almost all times, an antique single-action squirrel rifle, with which he routinely performed amazing feats of marksmanship.
- Aerial Combat
- Espionage Powers was known to do some undercover work, infiltrating gangs of spies and other enemies.
Any type of aircraft.
- This version of "Prop" Powers, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Appearances of "Prop" Powers (Quality Universe)
- Images featuring "Prop" Powers (Quality Universe)
- Quotations by or about "Prop" Powers (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: "Prop" Powers (Quality Universe)