"Dizzy (Part I of III)": Twenty-three year old Isabelle "Dizzy" Cordova is released from prison on parole. On her way home, she encounters a strange man on a train. The man introduces himself as Agent Graves and shows her a photograph of two corrupt police offi
- Inside this attaché case is irrefutable evidence that what I'm telling you is true. Also in the attaché is a gun, and one-hundred rounds of ammunition. All untraceable. All yours. Do with it as you see fit.
Appearing in "Dizzy (Part I of III)"
- Philip Graves
- Dizzy Cordova
- Hector (Flashback only)
- Santiago (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "Dizzy (Part I of III)"
Twenty-three year old Isabelle "Dizzy" Cordova is released from prison on parole. On her way home, she encounters a strange man on a train. The man introduces himself as Agent Graves and shows her a photograph of two corrupt police officers, both of whom are responsible for the deaths of her husband and child. Dizzy believed that her family had been murdered in a drive-by by a street gang known as the Vice Lords. Agent Graves offers Dizzy an attaché case containing a dossier, a gun and one-hundred untraceable bullets. He tells her that she now has the ability to get revenge, however, she can never let the contents of the case fall into the hands of another.The train reaches it's stop and Dizzy returns home.
She visits a garage where her "gangsta" brother, Emilio, operates a chop-shop. Emilio and his friends are excited to see Dizzy, but she doesn't tell them about her experience on the train. Dizzy still blames herself for the deaths of Hector and Santiago, but Emilio corrects her, insisting that the Vice Lords are to blame. Emilio then meets with a criminal named Riza. Riza gives Emilio a large sum of money for the boosted vehicles.
Later, Dizzy leaves and turns down an alleyway where she encounters police detectives Swirski and Morgan. The two cops pin Dizzy against a wall and begin frisking her. They remove the concealed handgun and report the incident to headquarters. Amazingly, they are told to return the gun to her and let her go. Begrudgingly, the two cops comply. Dizzy returns to her apartment and stares at the attaché case.
- 100 Bullets is part of DC Comics' Vertigo imprint and is suggested for mature readers.
- Agent Philip Graves first appeared in an eight-page Vertigo summer special entitled, "Silencer Night".
- This issue is reprinted in 100 Bullets: First Shot, Last Call.
- 100 Bullets is the recipient of the 2002 Harvey Award for best new series. Brian Azzarello likewise received an award for best writer.
Links and References
- 100 Bullets article at Wikipedia
- 100 Bullets series index at Comicbookdb.com
- 100 Bullets series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Brian Azarrello article at Wikipedia
- Eduardo Risso article at Wikipedia