The 17th Century includes all events that took place from January 1st of year 1601 to December 31st of 1700.
- The Atom traveled through the Time Pool to the Netherlands in the home of Jan Lippershey, where he witnessed the invention of the telescope, as well as sees Harry Hudson's struggles trying to get England to approve a voyage to find a faster route to India. Ultimately the Atom helped Hudson and Lippershey ward off representatives of France who had been trying to force Hudson to work for them.
- Arion the Immortal was living the life of an aristocrat in Paris, France under the name Vicomte Jean-Simon Giscard D'Arion. He awakened from a prophetic dream and spoke the words, "Camelot falls". Disturbed by his vision, Arion used a crystal ball to peer into the future.
- Alienor Frych wrote the Book of Gotham detailing the life and death of her friend Amity Arkham who was burnt to death for witchcraft in colonial New Jersey, and containing at least one spell to summon Amity's vengeful ghost.
- Tituba, likely an African slave, gave birth to her daughter, Violet. Present was John, a Native American and possibly the father, as well as an unnamed African woman who was chanting throughout the birth. The woman's eyes glowed and she claimed the world would soon learn how special she was.
- Hob Gadling met Dream once again, revealing with dismay that he had "hated every second of the last eighty years" after losing his wife, son, and fortune. But he wa not ready to die.
- Four young girls, seemingly possessed, danced naked around a fire. There were suspicions that the girls were witches but, when Mister Parris confronted one of the girls, Tituba, holding and smiling at 3-year old Violet, claimed to be the witch and that there is "no one else to blame."
- Alienor Frych died and was buried on what would later become the grounds of Gotham Academy.
- Appearances of 17th Century
- Location Gallery: 17th Century
- Catalogued images related to 17th Century
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.