"Stop the Press": Day 1
- What ever possessed you to throw yourself out a window to get someone's attention?
Appearing in "Stop the Press"
- Experimental All-Terrain Vehicle
Synopsis for "Stop the Press"
In his ongoing effort to build a new planetary coalition under his Freedom of Power Treaty, Black Adam gathers an international group of superbeings. The fete is interrupted, however, when Adrianna Tomaz briefly escapes her captors and spits in his face.
Perry White tears a strip off Clark Kent for not getting the scoop on Supernova before the Daily Star did. He is so incensed, in fact, that Perry hands Clark a notice of termination. Clark, shocked, pleads his case, but when that does not work, he jumps out the window... and Supernova is there to catch him. Clark asks for an interview.
Adrianna Tomaz is thrown back in her room. Black Adam tells her that she is not a prisoner and is free to leave. She starts to do so, but first turns around and tells Adam the he will fail in changing the world. Adrianna attempts to convince Adam of the dangerous course that he seems set upon. Even when Adam tries to be dismissive of her, she stands her ground.
Lois tears a strip off Clark for what he did to get an interview. Clark finds this rather amusing, since she had done the same thing to get an interview from him. He tells her what happened when he attempted to interview Supernova -- he did not get many answers, but was first on the scene when Supernova stopped the attempted theft of an army vehicle. Clark still has no idea who Supernova is.
And neither does Booster Gold, who is still mad at Skeets for having no information on Supernova. Skeets points out to Booster that the present has altered the future, making it so he has no record of Supernova. Booster launches his own investigation.
Will Magnus pays T.O. Morrow another visit at the superprison known as Haven. Magnus tells Morrow that he was recently granted access to Doctor Sivana's lab... and shows Morrow an empty cocoon that he found there.
Appearing in "The History of the DCU, Part IX of X"
- Donna Troy (also as Troia in flashback cameo)
- The following characters appear in flashbacks
- Adam Strange
- Blue Beetle
- Booster Gold
- Brother Eye
- The Flash
- Green Lantern
- Kid Flash
- Maxwell Lord
- An OMAC
- The Red Hood
- The Rogues
- Gorilla Grodd
- The Secret Society of Super-Villains
- |The Spectre
- Superman of Earth-Two
- Troia (also as Donna Troy in "present day" framing story)
- Wonder Woman
Synopsis for "The History of the DCU, Part IX of X"
- Villains United
- The OMAC Project
- The Rann/Thanagar War
- Day of Vengeance
- Rogue War
- The return of Hal Jordan
- The Death of Blue Beetle
- The Death of Maxwell Lord
- Due to an apparent production error, the cover date says "Sept 12, 2006" - confusing the publication date with the pull date.
- This issue is reprinted in the 52 Vol. 1 collection.
- Most of the information on the characters from story pages 2-3 originated in a Newsarama.com interview with editor Stephen Wacker.
- On story pages 2-3, Black Adam is meeting with representatives of the following nations (some fictional, some not):
Links and References
- 52: The Comic
- 52 article/interview with editor Stephen Wacker
- 52 series index at the Grand Comics Database