"The Most Wonderful Time of the Year": Day 4
- I want some glimmer of Christmas cheer.
Synopsis for "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
Alfred Pennyworth is in Gotham singing Christmas Carols with children. Batwoman watches on. Nightwing arrives and gives a gift from Batman. An actual Batarang, officially welcoming her into the "family".
Lex Luthor receives news that one of the test subjects may not make it through the night as the process is killing him. He gives Infinity, Inc. each a new car as a Christmas present. He again receives news that his DNA is incompatible for the Everyman Project. Doctor Dennis Laughlin arrives and reveals that the test subject is going to make it. Luthor smiles and tells him to kill the subject so that they can experiment on him to determine what caused him to regain his powers.
Around the world other heroes and ordinary people are shown celebrating Christmas.
The Black Marvel Family arrives in New York to a crowd of people. They are hoping that they can calm people down and have them welcome them with open arms. They revert to their mortal forms, showing trust.
Appearing in "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year"
- Alfred Pennyworth
- Dinah Laurel Lance (Cameo)
- Selina Kyle (Cameo)
- Clark Kent (Cameo)
- Ellen Baker
- Fire (Cameo)
- Jason Rusch (Cameo)
- Oliver Queen (Cameo)
- Green Lantern (Guy Gardner) (Cameo)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) (Cameo)
- Hawkgirl (Cameo)
- Lois Lane (Cameo)
- Red Tornado (In pieces) (Cameo)
- Infinity, Inc.
- Justice Society of America
- Teen Titans
- Felix Faust (As the Helm of Fate)
- Lex Luthor
- Suicide Squad
- Central City
- Gotham City
- New York City
Synopsis for "The Origin of the Martian Manhunter"
Appearing in "The Origin of the Martian Manhunter"
- "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is reprinted in 52 Vol. 3 of the 2007 4-volume edition, 52 Volume Two of the 2016 2-volume edition, and 52 Omnibus.
- The ticker-tape on the bottom of the cover reads, "Sing-along with Alfred... Batboy meets Batwoman... Spending Christmas with the DCU..."
Links and References