"Miracles & Wonders": Day 1
- You're doing what you always do when faced with loss and guilt -- you've just changed the props you use -- a Gi instead of a bottle... a kick instead of a kiss.
Synopsis for "Miracles & Wonders"
An alien known as Molek the Hunter comes upon the ship carrying Adam Strange and Starfire. He opens fire on them, causing significant damage to the vessel, but Adam manages to rocket away with Starfire in his arms. Fearing retaliation, Molek sets his own ship on self-destruct.
In Nanda Parbat Renée Montoya and Aristotle Rodor lament the passing of their close friend Vic "Charlie" Sage. Renée tries to swallow her sadness and guilt by honing her martial arts. Richard Dragon trains with her, and criticizes her for not properly honoring Charlie's memory.
Ralph Dibny goes to the Haven Correctional Facility to visit Professor Milo. He consults with the security administrator Mister Dewhurst about the recent escape of several prisoners, including Professor T.O. Morrow. Upon visiting the paralytic Milo, he finds that one of the wheels on Milo's wheelchair is actually a mystical artifact known as the Silver Wheel of Nyorlath. It is the last item that Ralph needs in order to complete his plans.
Wonder Woman travels to Nanda Parbat in her civilian guise to re-evaluate her life, and some of the drastic choices she has made recently. She meets Renée and the two have a heartfelt discussion. Later, Renée returns to the ice cave and lights a candle in memory of Charlie. The smoke from the candle takes the form of a question mark.
Appearing in "Miracles & Wonders"
- Mister Dewhurst (Single appearance)
- Molek the Hunter (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "The Origin of Starfire"
The origin of Starfire is revealed in this story.
Appearing in "The Origin of Starfire"
- This issue shipped on February 14th, 2007 (April by indicia).
- The demise of the Question is first revealed in this issue. The Question died following events that took place in Week 38.
- The event that Wonder Woman speaks of is the murder of Maxwell Lord. She broke his neck in order to release his mental control over Superman in Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #219.
- As of this issue, Adam Strange and Starfire still believe that Animal Man is dead.
- "Miracles & Wonders" is reprinted in 52 Vol. 4 of the 2007 4-volume edition, 52 Volume Two of the 2016 2-volume edition, and 52 Omnibus.
- The ticker-tape on the bottom of the cover reads, "The cold hard truth... Ralph takes the wheel... Mogo does socialize".
- Wonder Woman states that she is waiting for a friend, but there is no indication as to who this friend might be. 52 #47 reveals that she is talking about Bruce Wayne.