- Light up the whole damn sky, Daniel! This one's for the Blue and the Gold!
- -- Booster Gold
Appearing in "A Year in the Life"
- Kate Kane
- Red Tornado
- Question (Renée Montoya) (Flashback and main story)
- John Henry Irons (Flashback and main story)
- Natasha Irons
- Will Magnus
- Adam Strange (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Alexander Luthor (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Animal Man (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Batman (Cameo)
- Beautia Sivana
- Black Adam (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Blue Beetle (Ted Kord)
- Chang Tzu (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Bruno Mannheim (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Doctor Sivana, Jr.
- Elongated Man (Flashback and main story) (Ghost)
- Flash (Jay Garrick) (Cameo)
- Georgia Sivana
- Isis (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- J'onn J'onzz (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Jean Loring (Possessed) (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Lady Quark (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Lex Luthor (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Lobo (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Magnificus Sivana
- Mallory Kimball
- Vic Sage (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Sarge Steel
- Starfire (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Sue Dibny (Ghost)
- Superboy (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Superboy-Prime (Flashback only) (Cameo)
- Superman (Cameo)
- Venus Sivana
- Wonder Woman (Cameo) (also as Diana Prince)
- Justice Society Infinity (Cameo)
- Atomic Knights (Cameo)
- Phantom Zone
- New Earth
Synopsis for "A Year in the Life"
Rip Hunter revealed to Booster Gold that, after the events of Infinite Crisis, the remaining Earths created by Alexander Luthor collapsed back together, combining historical remnants to form one New Earth. However, the single universe was too small to contain the energy inside it and it began replicating - into 52 identical Universes, a new Multiverse.
Further, in the few seconds after the creation of this new Multiverse, the Earths (and their corresponding Universes) "will occupy the same space, each on a different vibrational plane.
During their efforts to stop the vastly powerful Mister Mind from destroying every universe, Hunter described Mind's efforts as "eating years and events from this universe's history -- altering the Earth with every flap of his wings". This resulted in the Earths changing, becoming different from New Earth in varying degrees.
Hunter's plan to defeat Mister Mind rested with Booster, Supernova, and Skeets. By fortifying Skeets' shell with Sivana's invention, Suspendium, they managed to imprison Mister Mind in Skeets. Booster threw Skeets through an opening in time while Supernova ensured that it ended up in the correct time: Week 0 Day 0. Mister Mind's devolved form is found (again) by Sivana, who imprisons him. Hunter used the 52 seconds of missing time to bind Mr. Mind, forever condemned to live within that loop.
Hunter further states that "the notion that there's a Multiverse beyond the reality we know -- that's too dangerous a secret to spread." However, he had let that very thing slip in front of Doctor Sivana.
- Final issue of the series. This issue shipped on May 2nd, 2007 (July by indicia).
- Although Skeets' metal frame is destroyed in this issue, his hard drive is downloaded into a Responsometer. A Responsometer is a miniature implant that provides the Metal Men with their personality and memories.
- The ticker-tape at the bottom of the cover reads, "The year without Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman is over..."
- This issue features a wrap-around cover.
- Special thanks is credited to editor Stephen Wacker.
- The cover to this issue is a re-imagining of the cover to Week 1.
- Sobek makes a cameo appearance as a pair of alligator skin boots.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss 52 Vol 1 52 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the 52 series
- Images from 52 Vol 1 52
Links and References
- 52: The Comic
- 52 article/interview with editor Stephen Wacker
- 52 series index at the Grand Comics Database