Aaron Helzinger was incarcerated at Arkham Asylum for murdering his family with his bare hands.
After being manipulated by another inmate, Barbara Kean, into protecting her from others, Helzinger, Kean and several other inmates were kidnapped from the Asylum by Tabitha Galavan under the orders of Theo Galavan. Several of the murderous inmates, including Helzinger, began calling themselves "the Maniax," and took part in a murder spree meant to cause mass panic in Gotham City, per Theo Galavan's orders. As part of the murder spree, Barbara Kean lured James Gordon away from the Gotham City Police Department building so that several of the other Maniax could murder a large number of policemen in the building, including Commissioner Sarah Essen. Unaware of what was taking place, Gordon attempted to arrest Kean but, as a result, was beaten by Helzinger. After Kean and Helzinger fled the scene, Gordon returned to the GCPD to discover the massacre that had taken place. Helzinger went missing shortly after, and despite the search efforts of Gordon and Detective Harvey Bullock, he escaped.
Helzinger was eventually recaptured and sent back to Arkham Asylum. Upon his return to Arkham Asylum, Helzinger was unwillingly used in Professor Hugo Strange's various experiments where he tested whether or not other characters, such as Oswald Cobblepot and Azrael, would kill Helzinger in specific situations under certain conditions. Helzinger managed to survive each experiment.
Powers and Abilities
- Mental Disorder: Due to his weak mental state, Helzinger has minimal intelligence and is said to have the mind of a child.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the television series Gotham and is an adaptation of Aaron Helzinger/Amygdala. The original character was created by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle and first appeared in Batman: Shadow of the Bat #3.
Amygdala is portrayed by Stink Fisher.
- 4 Appearances of Aaron Helzinger (Gotham)
- 2 Images featuring Aaron Helzinger (Gotham)
- Quotations by or about Aaron Helzinger (Gotham)
- Character Gallery: Aaron Helzinger (Gotham)
- Gotham (TV Series) Episode: Rise of the Villains: Damned If You Do...
- Gotham (TV Series) Episode: Rise of the Villains: Knock, Knock
- Gotham (TV Series) Episode: Rise of the Villains: The Last Laugh
- Gotham (TV Series) Episode: Wrath of the Villains: This Ball of Mud and Meanness
- Gotham (TV Series) Episode: Wrath of the Villains: Azrael