Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Aaron Helzinger is Amygdala, a hulking menace suffering from brain damage.
When the power went out in Gotham during the Zero Year Helzinger was in surgery at Gotham General Hospital, the doctors argued over whether or not to pull him out of the operation. Before they could decide, Helzinger woke in a monstrous rage, smashing through a window. The surgeons had been operating on his amygdala when they were interrupted.
After jumping out the window Amygdala encountered and attacked a young Dick Grayson, who was out with a group of new friends, away from the visiting Haly's Circus. With Helzinger chasing them, Dick decided to make a defensive stand in order to give his friends time to get away. Luring Helzinger onto a rooftop, Dick jumped to the next one over, and unable to make it across the gap, Helzinger fell, unable to get back up.
When Arkham was rebuilt, he became partners with Solomon Grundy. Both of them attempted to fight Bane when Psycho Pirate was being kept in Arkham after they were all set free by Batman. They were subsequently beaten by Bane, before Bane was beaten by Batman. Later, they were fredd once again when Bane took over Gotham City. They then allied with Two-Face and in revolt against Bane, kiled Doctor Double X, one of Banes loyalists. They were then attacked by Gotham Girl and the new Batman, the former of which used heat vision to chop off Amygdala's arm.
- Diminished Intellect
- Missing Limb: Amygdala lost his right hand in a battle against Gotham Girl.
- Aaron Helzinger was created by Alan Grant and Norm Breyfogle, first appearing in Batman: Shadow of the Bat #3. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Aaron Helzinger first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Resurrection Man (Volume 2) #6 by Kyle Higgins and Will Conrad.
- 16 Appearances of Aaron Helzinger (Prime Earth)
- 3 Images featuring Aaron Helzinger (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Aaron Helzinger (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Aaron Helzinger (Prime Earth)
|GCPD Officer |
This character is or was an officer of, or held a title in the Gotham City Police Department, in any of its various incarnations. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "GCPD members" and "Police Officers" categories.