- Speak - Or do I sew you in the skin of a pig and send you to Allah?
- — Abdul Ibn Bey src
Abdul the Arab was an adventurer in the late 1930s and the early 1940s.
Abdul was the son of Shiek Ali Bey, whose Arabian tribe was friendly with the British and French military, while other Arabian tribes in the same region were friendly with the Axis, and yet others wanted all of the foreigners gone. Wide open tracts of desert and other wilderness made the region a vast haven for outlaws, bandit gangs, revolutionary movements, and religious fanatics. Prince Abdul lived in dangerous times, and that was before the Second World War even got started.
His manservant, bodyguard, lifelong tutor, and closest friend, Hassan the Turk, accompanied Abdul on almost all of his adventures. Hassan was a crack pilot, a superb marksman, and a truly deadly hand-to-hand fighter.
Sheik Abdul inherited Sheik Ali Bey's authority and responsibilities at age twenty-two, when the elder Sheik was killed in battle. At age twenty-three Abdul remained unmarried, which was not in accordance with his tribe's traditions.
Powers and Abilities
- One of his favorite horses was the all-white Bethsheba.
- Per Wikipedia, the Zaydi Mutawakkilite Kingdom of Yemen was established after World War I, before the creation of the Yemen Arab Republic in 1962.
- Abdul's uncle was Achmed Bey, Ruler of the Tribes of Iraq.
- Abdul's other uncle was Ali Beni, also a Sheik.
- Abdul's cousin, Akim Ben Telmar, once attempted to seize "the crown of Arabia" by abducting and executing Abdul.
- Hassan, who is very seldom seen without his fez, is mostly bald.
- 24 Appearances of Abdul Ibn Bey (Quality Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Abdul Ibn Bey (Quality Universe)
- 2 Quotations by or about Abdul Ibn Bey (Quality Universe)
- Character Gallery: Abdul Ibn Bey (Quality Universe)