- I'm a superhero! I'm a motherfucking super-!
- — Polka Dot Man src
Abner Krill, also known as the Polka Dot Man, was a powerful metahuman able to expel colorful incendiary discs at his enemies, as well as part of the Task Force X strike team sent to Corto Maltese. Depressed and traumatized by his mother's experiments on him, he learned to accept and love himself by becoming a major part of saving the country from Starro.
Abner Krill was born to a S.T.A.R. Labs scientist obsessed with superheroes. She experimented on Abner and his siblings, resulting in some dying and others receiving superpowers. In Abner's case, his mother infected him with an interdimensional virus, causing multi-colored, glowing lumps to break out over his skin, filling up his body. When expelled from his body, these lumps became small, powerful incendiary discs, but their buildup in him could be fatal if left unchecked, necessitating Abner to expel the discs, which he came to call "dots", twice a day via regurgitation. The experiments and the effects of the virus traumatized him, specifically giving him crippling feelings of inadequacy. He likely killed his mother sometime after, as he later would bring himself to murder by picturing her as his victims.
Later, Krill developed gauntlets that allowed him to expel the dots from his body without needing to vomit them up, instead propelling them from his wrists as weapons. Armed with these gauntlets and donning a white polka-dot covered suit, he became the metahuman criminal known as the "Polka Dot Man". He was eventually detained in the Belle Reve Correctional Center, where he was mercilessly mocked for his absurd name and abilities by his fellow inmates, such as Calendar Man and Double Down. This taunting, combined with his earlier trauma, sent Krill spiraling into a suicidal depression.
In 2021, Krill was offered a shortened prison sentence if he joined the black-ops military group Task Force X, better known as the Suicide Squad, on their mission to Corto Maltese to destroy the dangerous Project Starfish. He accepted, and was returned his gear and suit, being placed on a team lead by Bloodsport, and including Peacemaker, Ratcatcher, and King Shark.
Powers and Abilities
- Weaponized Polka-Dots: After being exposed to an inter-dimensional virus by his mother, Abner Krill gained the ability to grow multi-colored polka-dots and glowing bulges on his body. With the help of his gauntlets, Krill was capable of projecting the multi-colored, incendiary dots with his hands to attack his enemies, disintegrating anything or anyone they touched.
- Mechanical Engineering: Krill is an experienced engineer, being able to construct his uniform and a pair of advanced technological gauntlets that help him project his polka-dots.
- Mental Illness: Abner suffered from severe psychological trauma stemming from his mother's experimentation on him and his siblings, as well as watching several of his siblings die as a result of said experimentation. This trauma resulted in his quiet, soft-spoken and awkward demeanor.
- Power Limitation: Due to the nature of Abner's condition, if he did not expel the dots twice a day, they would build up in his body to the point that they would devour him internally, killing him.
- Uniform: Krill wears a polka-dotted uniform with bright red goggles that protect his identity and cements his supervillain status.
- Gauntlets: On each wrist, Krill wears gauntlets that glow and assist him in the projection of his weaponized polka-dots.
- This version of the character is exclusive to the continuity of the DC Extended Universe and is an adaptation of Polka Dot Man. The original character was created by Bill Finger and Sheldon Moldoff and first appeared in Detective Comics #300.
- The Polka Dot Man was portrayed by David Dastmalchian.
- 1 Appearances of Abner Krill (DC Extended Universe)
- 7 Images featuring Abner Krill (DC Extended Universe)
- 1 Quotations by or about Abner Krill (DC Extended Universe)
- Character Gallery: Abner Krill (DC Extended Universe)
Suicide Squad member