Ace the Bat-Hound is a series of dogs used by Bruce Wayne over his career as Batman.
Years later, Wayne acquired a mastiff which had originally been a guide dog belonging to a blind Native American named Black Wolf. The dog remained most of the time in the Batcave along with Harold and they kept each other company, specially during the time when Jean-Paul Valley took over the mantle of the Bat.
Ace would help Batman on cases and was seen to be very affectionate towards his owner and vice versa, but this Ace disappeared after the events of the "No Man's Land".
Powers and Abilities
- The earlier Ace was first shown in Batman Incorporated #4 (April 2011) by Grant Morrison and Chris Burnham. The appearance is based on the pre-Crisis Ace.
- The third Ace first appeared in Batman Beyond (Volume 3) #1 (August 2010) by Adam Beechen and Ryan Benjamin. Interviews preceding the series launch had contradicting continuity information. There was a stated intention for the series to be firmly rooted in the near future of New Earth, but also incorporate the entirety of the DCAU continuity from which the Batman Beyond characters and setting were drawn.
- During the events of Final Crisis, Ace is seen with other forgotten characters in Limbo.
- 15 Appearances of Ace the Bat-Hound (New Earth)
- 4 Images featuring Ace the Bat-Hound (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Ace the Bat-Hound (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ace the Bat-Hound (New Earth)
|Batman Family member |
This character is or was an incarnation of or an ally of Batman, and a member of the Batman Family. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the "Batman Family members" category.