He fought in the Trojan War, but a quarrel among the Greek leaders led to his decision to stop fighting in that conflict. Then Achilles' best friend, Patroclus, went out in his place and the Trojan hero, Prince Hector of Troy, slew him. So Achilles went back into battle and avenged his friend.
Known for his bravery, the essence of Achilles bestows great courage upon the super-hero known as Captain Marvel. And in the form of spirit, Achilles is a friend and helper of the young hero Kid Eternity.
- Ghostly Physiology: In the spiritual form, Achilles can be summoned and use their gifts to help Kid Eternity.
- Immortality: The ability to live on forever as he is a soldier and embodies all the ideas of a perfect soldier fighting the good fight. He is ageless and if ever killed he can be reborn again to continue on his fight.
- Invulnerability: Achilles is invulnerable, except for a spot around his heel. This proved his undoing.
- Power Distribution: Achilles imparts the gift of Courage to the various members of the Marvel Family.
- Achilles Heel: He was invulnerable over his entire body because he was bathed in the river Styx by his mother everywhere except the right heel where he was being held from.
- This character is an adaptation of Achilles, a character in traditional stories. These include, but may not be limited to religious texts, myth, and/or folk lore. More information on the original can be found at Wikipedia.org.
- This version of Achilles, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- Kid Eternity refered to Achilles' base of operations as World of Eternity
- 14 Appearances of Achilles (Earth-S)
- 3 Images featuring Achilles (Earth-S)
- Quotations by or about Achilles (Earth-S)
- Character Gallery: Achilles (Earth-S)