"Legacy": "Legacy" is an Elseworlds story featuring an adaptation of Superman, written and illustrated by creator John Byrne. In this story the kryptonian Kal-El is not sent in a rocket to Earth by his parents when their planet explodes,
- There are those who will fight to preserve the soft lives they've had under the sovereign's reign. But they are merely men -- human. The future belongs to us now, patriots. It is ours to make, in our image, in the shape of our thoughts and hopes. Let us make it a great future, friends. A future worthy of the brave young man who bought it for us -- with his life.
- -- Lois Lane
Appearing in "Legacy"
- Kal-El (Dies)
- Derek, Lord of Salisbury
- Edward, Duke of Albion (Dies)
- Eliza Albion (Dies)
- Jimmy Olsen (Cameo)
- Jor-El (Mentioned only)
- King George III
- The Raven
- Second National Congress
- Thomas Jefferson (Dies)
- Krypton (Destroyed)
- London, England
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Second National Congress
Synopsis for "Legacy"
"Legacy" is an Elseworlds story featuring an adaptation of Superman, written and illustrated by creator John Byrne. In this story the kryptonian Kal-El is not sent in a rocket to Earth by his parents when their planet explodes, but one of his ancestors from the House of El arrives as a fully grown man two hundred years earlier during the American Revolutionary War and takes the side of the British Empire. Given supreme power, he eventually dominates the entire planet to his will and constructs a totalitarian regime depriving his subjects of both freedom and liberty. Many years later his descendant Kal, almost entirely human through generations of inter-species breeding, fights back against him in a rebellion. There is dichotomy as the two characters battling embody respectively Superman's power and his ideals in conflict.
Appearing in "Doomsday for the Fifth Dimension"
- Mxy Imps
- Goldie the Dragon
Synopsis for "Doomsday for the Fifth Dimension"
In this humorous back-up story, Superman is rocketed from the dying planet Krypton, but his course is deflected and he is sent to the 5th Dimension. Aged to an adult by the journey, he is an uneducated simpleton with incredible superpowers and he begins ignorantly wreaking havoc without understanding the damage he is causing while trying to figure out where he is. The imps of this dimension try to fight this great monster who they have nicknamed Doomsday, but he seems to be unstoppable. King Mxy comes up with a plan to defeat him. They trick him into falling over and then bash his head with a mighty club, seal him back in his rocket and catapult him back to his own dimension.
- The story Legacy is reprinted in the Superman/Batman: Alternate Histories collected edition.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Annual Vol 1 6 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics Annual series
- Images from Action Comics Annual Vol 1 6
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
|Elseworlds Annual |
This issue was part of the 1994 Elseworlds Annuals crossover event, in which every annual was an alternate universe story of their respective title characters. This template will categorize articles that include it into the Annuals and Elseworlds Annuals category.