"Invisible Mafia, Part 5": A secret group of criminals is holding a sale in a bar located in the seedy underbelly of Metropolis, and the object for sale is a Hero Dial, said to be capable of transforming its user into a superhero. A female mobster known only as Gummy tries to buy the Hero Dial,
Appearing in "Invisible Mafia, Part 5"
- Mr. Strong
- Ms. Gummy
- Red Cloud (Robinson Goode) (Identity revealed)
- Jimmy Olsen (Cameo)
- Mayor Hopkins (Flashback and main story)
- Jon Kent (In a photograph only)
- Justice League (In a photograph only)
- Livewire (In a photograph only)
- Lois Lane-Kent (In a photograph only)
- Amanda Waller (Mentioned only)
- Kobra Cult (On a TV or computer screen)
- Black Canary (Mentioned only)
- Brian Michael Bendis (Mentioned only)
- Candy (Mentioned only)
- Kate Spencer (Mentioned only)
- Perry White (Mentioned only)
- Ryan Choi (Mentioned only)
- Teen Lantern (Mentioned only)
- Earth (Flashback and main story)
- Phantom Zone (Mentioned only)
- The Green (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Invisible Mafia, Part 5"
A secret group of criminals is holding a sale in a bar located in the seedy underbelly of Metropolis, and the object for sale is a Hero Dial, said to be capable of transforming its user into a superhero. A female mobster known only as Gummy tries to buy the Hero Dial, but the sale is interrupted by the Question, who demands to know who the Red Cloud is.
The next morning, at the Daily Planet, Clark and Robinson continue to work on their Red Cloud story, until Clark gets a phone call from Melody, who needs to talk to someone about the recent spread of fires across Metropolis. Superman told Melody she could speak to Clark, and Clark agrees to meet her.
At the Fleischer district, 25 miles away from downtown Metropolis, the Invisible Mafia holds a meeting. Gummy complains to Mr. Strong that not only the Question ruined the sale, but the Hero Dial she was trying to buy turned out to be a fake. She goes on saying that these past few nights have brought unwanted attention on the Invisible Mafia and if they don't do something about it, everyone will be on their trail. She demands that the Red Cloud kill the Question and Mr. Strong answers he will see what he can do, but not before telling the gathered criminals that the name of the Invisible Mafia's boss is another one of the things they are not allowed to say out loud.
Clark and Melody meet up next to one of the buildings devastated by the string of fires. Melody tells Clark about her talk with Mayor Hopkins at the Diamond and Pearl gala, remembering that he told her that she should drop the investigation on the fires. According to Hopkins, whenever a superhero, like Superman and Batman, gets involved in a criminal investigation, things become difficult for elected officials, but Hopkins refused to further elaborate. Clark promises to keep investigating while also keeping Melody's involvement hidden.
Shortly afterwards, Superman visits the Mayor's office, only to find the Mayor collapsed on the floor. In that moment, the Red Cloud ambushes Superman, pouring her smoke into his nose and mouth. Superman defends himself with his super breath and attempts to put some distance between the Red Cloud and himself but as soon as he turns around, he finds the Red Cloud missing. Confused, Superman takes his leave.
What Superman does not notice, however, is the Red Cloud reforming on a nearby rooftop. She begins to take solid form and reveals herself to be none other than Robinson Goode. Amazed that she survived a confrontation for Superman, Robinson proclaims she has her first page story.
- This book was first published on November 28, 2018.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 1005 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 1005