"Leviathan Rising, Part 5": Officer Maggie Sawyer and her squad of policemen from the Metropolis Special Crimes Unit arrive at Kate Spencer's apartment, intending to arrest her. They are aware she is also the vigilante Manhunter. Before the MSCU can arrest her, however, Kane defends herself and
Appearing in "Leviathan Rising, Part 5"
- Amanda Waller
- Director Bones
- Metropolis Police Department
- The Question
- Alice White (Mentioned only)
- A.R.G.U.S. (Mentioned only)
- Batman (Mentioned only)
- Boss Moxie (Mentioned only)
- Brian Cunningham (Mentioned only)
- Captain Atom (Mentioned only)
- D.E.O. (Mentioned only)
- Donald Trump (Mentioned only)
- Elongated Man (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Communications (Mentioned only)
- Kobra Cult (Mentioned only)
- LexCorp (Mentioned only)
- Project Cadmus (Mentioned only)
- Red Cloud (Mentioned only)
- Sam Lane (Mentioned only)
- Suicide Squad (Mentioned only)
- Talia al Ghul (Mentioned only)
- Bermuda Triangle
- United States of America
- Smallville (Mentioned only)
- Krypton (Mentioned only)
- Mexico (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Leviathan Rising, Part 5"
Officer Maggie Sawyer and her squad of policemen from the Metropolis Special Crimes Unit arrive at Kate Spencer's apartment, intending to arrest her. They are aware she is also the vigilante Manhunter. Before the MSCU can arrest her, however, Kane defends herself and uses Maggie's own handcuffs on her. She grabs her Manhunter equipment and jumps off her window, saying she will need a lawyer after this.
Meanwhile at London, Superman has just disposed of the Leviathan creature and is attempting to find Lois, who reach the streets and tells Superman she is unharmed. Tiger had protected her using Spyral camouflage technology and Lois had told him about her real identity. Tiger told her that Spyral knew all along Leviathan would go on the warpath, but instead of warning their agents, they abandoned their posts and left everyone to fend for themselves. To get back at his leaders for abandoning them, Tiger gives Lois a small device that contains the history and members of Spyral, asking her to write everything that happened.
As Superman and Lois depart from London, Lois calls Perry about her new material and ask him to publish the story, but Perry replies that she needs a second source to confirm it. Superman considers going back for Tiger, but husband and wife watch as a pillar of blue light rises into the sky. The Leviathan creature had reached Tiger.
Moving to plan B, Superman and Lois go to Gotham City and meet up with Huntress, knowing she used to be an agent of Spyral. Huntress is shocked that Tiger gave Lois everything about Spyral but admits that she cannot do much against Leviathan. Superman and Lois return to the Fortress of Solitude, where they find Jimmy unconscious and Kelex deactivated. Waller had escaped.
Jimmy and Kelex awaken, with the latter confirming that Waller left the Fortress using Batman's spare life-pod, which went offline somewhere over Mexico. Lois goes on to write her story.
Meanwhile in Metropolis, Jim Harper, the Guardian, is watching the news in the hospital until he is visited by a stranger. The unknown man is no doctor and he tells Jim he does not need to concern himself with the Red Cloud anymore. A real change is coming to the world and the Guardian should be part of it.
Back at the Fortress, Superman watches the news and Lois writes her story. Jimmy asks Superman if Chaz is his real name and Superman denies it, saying that if he keeps secrets, it's because he wants to keep the people he cares about safe, Jimmy included. Jimmy appreciates it and lets the matter slide. Superman, Lois and Jimmy continue their investigation on Leviathan, wondering why is Leviathan targeting intelligence agencies but not the governments supporting them. Superman also remembers that Question told him that the destruction caused by the Leviathan creature left no bodies and when he exposed himself to the creature's energy, he felt as if the energy made things not be. The creature wasn't destroying things, it was making them disappear somehow. Superman, Lois and Jimmy wonder who is Leviathan, what do they want and what will happen tomorrow.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 1011 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 1011
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)