- Me don't belong in world of living people! Me don't know difference between right and wrong -- good and evil!
- 1 Synopsis for Superman: "The Battle With Bizarro!"
- 2 Appearing in Superman: "The Battle With Bizarro!"
- 3 Synopsis for Congo Bill: "Congorilla Goes Wild!"
- 4 Appearing in Congo Bill: "Congorilla Goes Wild!"
- 5 Synopsis for Supergirl: "Supergirl's Foster Parents!"
- 6 Appearing in Supergirl: "Supergirl's Foster Parents!"
- 7 Notes
- 8 See Also
- 9 Recommended Reading
- 10 Links and References
- 11 References
Synopsis for Superman: "The Battle With Bizarro!"
Having learned of Professor Dalton's duplicator ray having created the Bizarro Superboy, Lex Luthor has built his own, in the hopes of creating a Bizarro Superman to plague his old foe. With his assistant Vekko, Luthor poses as a scientist that supposedly has come up with an antidote for Green Kryptonite. Learning this, Perry White tells Superman who goes and visits the faux professor. Superman willingly lets himself be zapped with the duplication machine and is horrified to learn that he's been tricked and the device has created a Bizarro Superman.
Hoping that Bizarro would be evil, Luthor's plan is foiled when Bizarro turns out to be just a tragic character who wants nothing to do with the land of normal people. Bizarro then helps Superman apprehend Luthor and his assistant and turn them over to the police. Bizarro then tries to make a living as a hero, but finds that most people are scared of him due to his horrible face. Bizarro attracts the attention of Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen, who follow him in a plane to get a photo of him just as Bizarro is trying to kill himself. When Bizarro overhears Lois talking about Bizarro in a positive manner, he believes that Lois is in love with him.
Taking Lois to an island, he builds themselves the a home and explains his intent to marry her. However, when Lois refuses due to Bizarro's appearance and her love of Superman, Bizarro gets an idea to trick her into marrying him. He returns to the mainland and steals Luthor's duplicator ray (attracting Superman's attention who was on scene as Clark Kent.) And uses it on himself creating an "imperfect" Bizarro that looks exactly like the real Superman. He then sends this New Bizarro to the island to romance Lois Lane. When Superman tries to get involved, Bizarro is on hand to stop the Man of Steel with a Kryptonite bolder.
Appearing in Superman: "The Battle With Bizarro!"
- Bizarro No. 1 (First appearance) (Origin)
- New Bizarro (a handsome version of Bizarro) (First appearance) (Origin)
- Lex Luthor
- Vekko (Lex Luthor's henchman)
Synopsis for Congo Bill: "Congorilla Goes Wild!"
Appearing in Congo Bill: "Congorilla Goes Wild!"
- Unnamed thief
Synopsis for Supergirl: "Supergirl's Foster Parents!"
After secretly saving a botched rocket launch as Supergirl, Superman's cousin returns to her guise of Linda Lee. Once more a couple has come to seek a child to adopt, leaving Linda to once more try and avoid being adopted. She is introduced to Mr. and Mrs. Dale, who in spite of her best efforts to convince them otherwise, adopt Linda. Linda soon learns that they are a pair of shysters who are have a fraudulent side show where they have fake props to make people unable to lift weights, but to make Linda appear to be super-strong. The irony that Linda really does have super-powers is not lost on her. The whole performance is a trick to get people to buy a "power elixir" that grants super-human strength, the however it's simply just sugar water with ginger flavoring.
Deciding that she will play no part in exploiting peoples gullibility, Linda decides to do secretly ruin the Dale's operation as Supergirl. The next day, Linda lifts up an elephant in front of the Dales, telling them that she drank the elixir and it worked. Mr. Dale is shocked and when he drinks the elixir as well, he seemingly gains super-strength, when in reality it's Supergirl secretly using her powers to give the illusion that Dale had gained super strength. When the Dales rushed to a chemist to have more of the elixir made, Supergirl flies ahead and uses super-ventriloquism and a life like marionette to trick the Dales into giving all the money they swindled from people for a batch of "real" elixir. To their shock and dismay, they find that they've been duped. Supergirl then secretly returns the money to their rightful owners. With the Dales bankrupt they aren't financially stable enough to support an adoptive child and Linda is returned to the orphanage.
Appearing in Supergirl: "Supergirl's Foster Parents!"
- Mister Dale
- Mrs. Dale
- Power Tonic
- The Battle With Bizarro is reprinted in 80-Page Giant #6, Superman in the Fifties, Showcase Presents: Superman Vol. 1 and Superman: The Man of Tomorrow Archives Vol. 2.
- Supergirl's Foster Parents! is reprinted in The Supergirl Archives Vol. 1.
- Superman Family Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane (Volume 1)
- Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)