"Superman: "The Confessions of Superman"": Two members of the Superman Revenge Squad come to Earth and convince Superman that he has been performing crimes as a Jekyll-and-Hyde personality. When Krit, disguised as Supergirl, convinces him he is not suffering from a
- I swore never to misuse my awesome powers. This is my moment of truth! My sacred oath must not be broken.
- — Superman
Appearing in Superman: "The Confessions of Superman"
Other Characters: Locations:
Synopsis for Superman: "The Confessions of Superman"
Two members of the Superman Revenge Squad come to Earth and convince Superman that he has been performing crimes as a Jekyll-and-Hyde personality. When Krit, disguised as Supergirl, convinces him he is not suffering from an exposure to Red Kryptonite (which he actually is), he types out his confessions to the crimes at the Daily Planet and goes to his Fortress to expose himself to Gold Kryptonite.
Appearing in Legion of Super-Heroes: "Half a Legionnaire"
- Lilith (Evil Duplicate)
- Nam'Lor (Single appearance)
Synopsis for Legion of Super-Heroes: "Half a Legionnaire"
Duo Damsel is exhausted after her latest assignment, so when Mon-El sends her to deliver important papers to the planet Ikros, one of her twin selves, whom Bouncing Boy dubs Luomu II, undertakes the mission while the other remains on Earth to relax. Days have passed without word from Luomu's other self, when a masked man and woman with super-powers suddenly appear on Earth and begin committing robberies. Investigating, Mon-El, Bouncing Boy, and Duo Damsel encounter Luornu II, who introduces them to her fiance, Nam'Lor. Nam'Lor departs and the two Luomus again become one. Mon-El, who has to leave on a space mission, warns Bouncing Boy to watch Duo Damsel carefully. A distraught Duo Damsel soon recalls Luomu II's recent experiences in a dream. After completing her mission to Ikros, she had been rescued from a fall by the planet's hero, Nam'Lor, with whom she quickly fell in love. Duo Damsel wakes in terror, and Luornu II suddenly splits off from her and departs. The heroine now realizes that her other self has developed a distinct, separate personality. After an inconclusive skirmish with the two masked raiders at Metropolis's Amalgonite Refinery, Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel realize that the criminals are actually Nam'Lor and Luomu II, whom he calls Lelith. Confronted by the two, Bouncing Boy attempts to stop Nam'Lor with a super-power neutralizer, but he avoids the blasts and overpowers the Legionnaire.
Lelith then orders Nam'Lor to kill Bouncing Boy, but he refuses. He then explains that the hyper-aura surrounding his body, which gives him his powers, had turned Lelith evil, and that he had committed crimes for her in the hope that she would return to normal, because he loved her. He now leaves her forever, telling the Legionnaires that the aura-radiation will wear off in a few days, and Lelith will become her old self.
- Half a Legionnaire is reprinted in Legion of Super-Heroes Archives Vol. 9.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 380 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 380
- Superman Family Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 1)
- Superboy (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Superman's Girl Friend, Lois Lane (Volume 1)
- Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
- Legion of Super-Heroes Recommended Reading
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 2)
- The Legion (Volume 1)
- Legion Lost (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 2)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 3)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 4)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 5)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 6)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 7)
- Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 8)
- Legionnaires (Volume 1)
- Superboy and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
Links and References
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.