"The Kid Who Struck Out Superman!": When an invading alien race sends a probe into Earth's atmosphere, Superman inflates various sports balls with gas which is antithetical to the aliens and spikes each one on one of the ship's intakes, thus convincing the invaders tha
Appearing in "The Kid Who Struck Out Superman!"
Synopsis for "The Kid Who Struck Out Superman!"
When an invading alien race sends a probe into Earth's atmosphere, Superman inflates various sports balls with gas which is antithetical to the aliens and spikes each one on one of the ship's intakes, thus convincing the invaders that Earth's air would be unhealthy for them.
Appearing in "The Mystery Legionnaire!"
- Appearances not yet listed
Synopsis for "The Mystery Legionnaire!"
Four master criminals incarcerated on Voran-4, a barren prison asteroid whose inmates had become permanently disabled while committing crimes, once secretly created an android called Klim to carry on for them. Klim was undefeated until it encountered members of the Legion of Super-Heroes. They tracked it to the jungle planet Nara, where one Legionnaire, whose face and costume Klim has memorized, but whose name it does not know, succeeded in capturing the android's body. Its head, built to function as an independent unit, escaped. Now the android's head summons its body to reunite with it and gain revenge on the Legionnaire who caused its downfall.
Cosmic Boy, Shrinking Violet, and Chemical King rush to Security Station ZJ, where Klim's body had been under observation, question scientists who had been examining it, and view the hole it made in a wall when it escaped. They then go to Voran-4 to talk with the criminals who built it, and arrive just in time to pursue the android boy into an underground tunnel. Klim's body is captured when Cosmic Boy causes the tunnel to collapse, and the three Legionnaires fly on to encounter the head. It intends to destroy them and wishes that the Legionnaire who had earlier thwarted it was present as well. Cosmic Boy then explains that all three of them had defeated it,
and that the separation of head from body had caused its vision to malfunction, so that it saw Cosmic Boy and Chemical King as one person, a non-existent Legionnaire. Klim's plan is thwarted, and its head is taken into custody.
- The Mystery Legionnaire is reprinted in Legion of Super-Heroes Archives Vol. 9.
- The Superman Legend : Rogues' Gallery. Contains Lex Luthor, Brainiac, The Toyman, The Parasite , The Puzzler, The Prankster, Mxyzptlk, and the Phantom Zoners (Jax-Ur, Kru-El, General Zod, and Professor Vakox)
- This issue contains a two page Superman's Rogue Gallery with Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Puzzler, Toyman, Parasite, Prankster, Mxyzptlk, and four Phantom Zone criminals (Jax-ur, Kru-El, General Zod, and Professor Vakox)
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 389 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
Links and References
This page is missing characters!
This page is missing one or more character, location or item appearances. If you find any characters that appear in this issue, episode, movie, game or book but are not included on the page, please add them to the Appearances list of the template.