"Once Again-- Superman": Superman engages Satanis, determined to recover his duplicate whose body Satanis is possessing. He fights fiercely, but he only possesses half of his powers whereas Satanis posseses the remainder half as well as his magic sk
- Satanis, I've tracked you through the ages to claim what's rightfully mine! I want my other self-- and nothing will stop me from having it!
- -- Superman
Appearing in "Once Again-- Superman"
- 20th Century
- 14th Century
Synopsis for "Once Again-- Superman"
Superman engages Satanis, determined to recover his duplicate whose body Satanis is possessing. He fights fiercely, but he only possesses half of his powers whereas Satanis posseses the remainder half as well as his magic skills.
In present day Daily Planet, Lois Lane gets into an argument with Lana Lang about her relationship with Clark. When Lana storms out, Jimmy Olsen asks Lois why she went off on Lana. Lois replies Lana's attitude rubs her the wrong way, but Jimmy believes Lois is hiding her true motives. Meanwhile, a certain Mr. Moore is having a job interview and looking forward to work in the Planet.
In the past, Satanis is going to rip Superman apart magically until the Superman whose body he is possessing starts to resist Satanis' control and turn his own magic on him. Satanis can't use his full power cause of Superman, so he frees a Superman and expels the one he is possessing out.
Both Supermen combine their powers to take Satanis out, but they're weakened and he can use his full power to throw all kind of spells at them. At one point, one Superman takes his fallen twin's hand and helps him up while they are being bathed with magical power. Satanis' residual energies merge into a malevolent energy Superman who attacks Satanis. Satanis blasts his own accidental creation to atoms, but in a last ditch rebellious act, the energy Superman merges both Superman back together.
Superman decides it's time to end their battle. He's vulnerable to Satanis' magic, but his foe is tired. As struggling to dodge or phase through Satanis' blasts, Superman manages to send him into the time-stream and back in his time, where Satanis will no doubt find Syrene waiting for him, and goes back to present-day Metropolis.
Superman changes into his civilian clothes and heads towards the Daily Planet. Upon seeing him, Lana hugs and kisses him as Lois glares.
- This book was first published on December 30, 1982.
- End of the storyline started in Action Comics #534.
During their battle in the past, Satanis smashes Superman into the Great Sphinx of Giza's face, which would humorously explain its notoriously missing nose.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 541 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)