"Lies & Revelations": In Metropolis, Maggie Sawyer, Dan Turpin, and the SCU stop a brawl going on between two feuding factions of Superman worshipers at his memorial statue. Superboy wakes up to find himself heavily bound and a prisoner of Cyborg Superman and Mongul
Appearing in "Lies & Revelations"
- Metropolis Special Crimes Unit
- Last Son of Krypton (Identity revealed)
- Lois Lane
- Justice League Task Force
- Man of Steel (John Henry Irons)
- The Super-Cultists
- Tom Jenson
Synopsis for "Lies & Revelations"
In Metropolis, Maggie Sawyer, Dan Turpin, and the SCU stop a brawl going on between two feuding factions of Superman worshipers at his memorial statue. Superboy wakes up to find himself heavily bound and a prisoner of Cyborg Superman and Mongul inside what is now called Engine City. Cyborg Superman deceives the Justice League Task Force into traveling into space to track down the "rogue Superman" responsible for Coast City's destruction. Lois Lane and Maggie Sawyer discover that something has siphoned off part of the memorial statue's mass. Mongul secretly transmits to Superboy in his prison Cyborg Superman's plan to turn Metropolis into another Engine City. In Superman's Fortress of Solitude, the heavily injured Last Son of Krypton is placed in a special healing chamber where he is forced to come to terms in knowing that he is actually the Eradicator who has deluded himself into thinking he is Superman. At the bottom of the sea, a Kryptonian battlesuit traverses the deep, its passenger heading for Metropolis.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: The Return of Superman, as well as the 2016 edition trade paperbacks and the Superman: The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 690 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
The Death and Return of Superman
Links and References
- No external links.
Adventures of Superman #503
Superman: The Man of Steel #25