- I don't do 'yield,' Adam. I mostly do 'painful beatdown.' How many can I put you down for?
- -- Superman
Appearing in "Black & Blue"
- The Secret Society of Super-Villains
- Brendan Sparlin (Single appearance)
- Congressman Shephard (Single appearance) (Cameo)
- Josef Schuman (Single appearance)
- Tony Sparlin (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Black & Blue"
Bizarro races with Zoom in order to determine whether the former will join the Secret Society headed by Lex Luthor.
Meanwhile Superman confronts Black Adam in Metropolis because he appears to be protecting Doctor Psycho, eventually coming to blows.
At the Daily Planet, Jimmy Olsen and his partner Josef Schuman work on their story about Doctor Polaris' recent attack on the city, with Schuman expressing concern for Jimmy's safety in the field. They are interrupted by Perry White, who assigns them to cover Superman's fight with Black Adam. Schuman's fears prove true, when he is forced to save Jimmy from falling debris caused by the battle.
Elsewhere, Lois Lane meets with Lana Lang in order to research the connection between the super-villains. In the shadows, Lois is being tailed by one of Congressman Mike Shephard's men who has been instructed to make her disappear.
Superman's battler with Black Adam continues, and comes to a head as Lois pushes Doctor Pyscho off of a roof along with a paper-airplane message for Superman. Superman attempts one final attack against Adam, but hesitates when Adam turns his back to him. Doctor Psycho offers to relinquish his mind-control over citizens in exchange for his freedom and Superman must reluctantly accept, with Adam's assurance that Psycho will be punished. Superman warns that he knows about the Society, and as Adam and Psycho leave Adam expresses annoyance with Doctor Psycho for having been implicated in Psycho's crimes.
In Egypt, Bizarro and Zoom's race ends, and Bizarro agrees to join the Society.
- This book was first published on September 14, 2005.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 831 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 831
Links and References
- Action Comics series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database
The events from this issue or series are related to Infinite Crisis, and/or any of its surrounding events, including Villains United, the OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Infinite Crisis crossovers category.