""This is Your Life, Part II of III": The two Supermen of New Earth and Earth-Two continue to battle one another in the skies over Metropolis on Earth-Two. As they fight, they experience the life of the other, and show how they would have handled
- I don't know which one of us has been more blind... you, in your refusal to adapt to a changing world... or me for following you this far down your well-intentioned path.
Appearing in "This is Your Life, Part II of III
- Aquaman (Orin/Arthur Curry)
- Atom (Ray Palmer)
- Black Canary
- Flash (Wally West)
- Green Arrow (Oliver Queen)
- Green Lantern (Guy Gardner)
- Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
- Hawkman (Carter Hall)
- Wonder Woman
- Blood Gem
- Bracelets of Submission
- Green Kryptonite
- Green Lantern Ring
- Nth Metal
- Phantom Zone Projector
- Thanagarian Mace
- Utility Belt
- Wonder Woman's Tiara
Synopsis for "This is Your Life, Part II of III
The two Supermen of New Earth and Earth-Two continue to battle one another in the skies over Metropolis on Earth-Two. As they fight, they experience the life of the other, and show how they would have handled decisions differently.
Kal-L experiences Kal-El's first meeting with Lois Lane (Man of Steel #1), then sees the first meeting with Batman (Man of Steel #3). Unlike Kal-El, Kal-L immediately identifies that Batman's bomb is not on an innocent civilian, but on Batman himself. After detonating the bomb safely, he offers Batman a partnership, which Batman accepts.
Flash forward, to Superman, kneeling in front of Luthor, who has his Kryptonite ring. Batman appears, taking Luthor down, then Superman reveals that Luthor has cancer from the Kryptonite ring. Kal-L offers Luthor a cure for his cancer, on the condition that he uses his brains and wealth to make the world a better place.
Superman flashes forward again a few years, to when he not only proposes to Lois, but also reveals his secret identity to her as well. Then, it jumps to Earth-Two, where we see Kal-El in the same situation.
Kal-L flash forwards several more years, and witnesses Kal-El's fight against Doomsday. Unlike the Modern Superman, however, he rises after dropping Doomsday, declaring that "When Superman dies, the heart of the world stops."
Kal-L jumps forward again in time, to the events referenced in Identity Crisis. While the League is still arguing over what the do with Dr. Light, Kal-L appears, and sentences him to the Phantom Zone.
As time goes on, the League becomes uncomfortable with Kal-L's actions, and they make a move to stop him; he is prepared however, and the Justice League Elite team stop them.
Meanwhile in a bar in Metropolis on New Earth, we see Jimmy Olsen talking to some friends about the crisis that is currently going on with Superman's Pal backing up the Big Blue. Suddenly, his bar stool breaks and he falls, when he hits the floor, as before, we see different versions of Jimmy Olsen that have existed throughout the Multiverse.
- This story concludes in Adventures of Superman #649.
- Superman appeared last in Superman (Volume 2) #226.
- The foreground story from this issue takes place concurrently with events chronicled in Infinite Crisis #5.
- Superman first met Lois Lane in The Man of Steel #1.
- Superman first met Batman in The Man of Steel #3.
- Doomsday killed Superman in Superman (Volume 2) #75.
- The Justice League of America's decision to mind-wipe Doctor Light was revealed in the Identity Crisis limited series.
- The cover of this issue is a tribute to that in Action Comics #484.
The events from this issue or series are related to Infinite Crisis, and/or any of its surrounding events, including Villains United, the OMAC Project, Rann-Thanagar War and Day of Vengeance. This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Infinite Crisis crossovers category.
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)