"Last Son, Part Three": General Zod, Ursa and Non enter the empty Fortress of Solitude. Zod activates a Sunstone crystal, which projects a holographic image of Superman's father, Jor-El. Upon request, Jor-El reveals the history of General Zod, and the events that led to his exile in the
Appearing in "Last Son, Part Three"
Synopsis for "Last Son, Part Three"
General Zod, Ursa and Non enter the empty Fortress of Solitude. Zod activates a Sunstone crystal, which projects a holographic image of Superman's father, Jor-El. Upon request, Jor-El reveals the history of General Zod, and the events that led to his exile in the Phantom Zone.
In Metropolis, Clark and Lois bring Christopher Kent to the Daily Planet to introduce him to the staff. They go over their cover story with one another, and Clark fumbles to find the forged paperback showing that Chris is his cousin's son. Just as they formally introduce Christopher to Jimmy Olsen, multiple bolts of heat vision streak through the Daily Planet windows, smashing glass and starting fires. Jimmy activates his Superman signal watch.
Clark turns to change into Superman, but doesn't get the chance as Non smashes into him, driving him out the window of the building. They land on the ground, and Clark sheds the torn remains of his civilian attire. He punches Non across the jaw, breaking one of his teeth, which Non then proceeds to spit out. Zod arrives and punts Superman across the street with a super-kick.
Ursa flies into the Daily Planet in search of Chris Kent. Lois tries to escape with him down the stairwell, but Ursa blocks her path with several shots of heat vision. She then knocks Lois over with a flick of her finger.
Outside, Zod and Superman continue to battle one another over the skies of Metropolis. Suddenly, dozens of stasis pods rain down from the sky, smashing into the ground. Each pod contains another Kryptonian exile from the Phantom Zone. One of them, a scientist named Jax-Ur, emerges from his pod with a Phantom Zone Projector. He directs it at Superman and transports him into the Zone.
- This book was first published on February 28, 2007.
- The "Last Son" storyline ties into events from Action Comics Annual #10.
- This is the first appearance of the modernized incarnation of Jax-Ur. The original Jax-Ur was a criminal scientist from the Phantom Zone, and ally to General Zod. Jax-Ur also made appearances on Superman: The Animated Series.
- References are made to Batman and Wonder Woman in this issue.
- Mon-El makes a cameo appearance on the Phantom Zone viewscreen in this issue.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 846 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 846
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)