"Brainiac, Part II: Hide and Seek": Deep in space, Brainiac coasts in his ship. His computer seeks a Kryptonian, but fails to locate it. Imperturbable, Brainiac heads to the next world.
Appearing in "Brainiac, Part II: Hide and Seek"
- Jimmy Olsen
- Steve Lombard
- Ron Troupe
- General Zod (Flashback only)
- Non (Flashback only)
- Ursa (Flashback only)
- Kryptonian Science Council (Flashback only)
- Thara Ak-Var (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Brainiac, Part II: Hide and Seek"
Deep in space, Brainiac coasts in his ship. His computer seeks a Kryptonian, but fails to locate it. Imperturbable, Brainiac heads to the next world.
Back at the Fortress, Supergirl sees the Brainiac probe and assures Superman that it isn't Brainiac. Kal tries to explain he has fought Brainiac in the past and his enemy takes different shapes, but Kara reiterates that neither of those Brainiacs were the real deal. No one has ever seen the real Brainiac. Brainiac sends off probes to explore a planet before plundering it.
Superman gets shocked when Supergirl begins to tremble with fear. Kara tells every Kryptonian feared Brainiac. Several decades ago, his androids invaded Kandor and killed dozens of people before Brainiac himself stole the city. Agitated, she burns the probe, upset at seeing Brainiac again. Her cousin hugs her to calm her down and she hugs him back. Kara goes on about the thousands of people killed or missing because of Brainiac, one of them her friend Thara. Sometimes she wishes she was like him and didn't remember Krypton. Maybe then they wouldn't miss it.
Afterwards, Clark visits his parents. While having lunch, he states he has to rescue all people kidnapped by Brainiac. Martha is frightened, but Clark states the reason Brainiac has sent so many probes in the past is because is looking for him. Later Clark spends time with Pa and they talk about what it was like growing up. Jonathan trusts him to do the right thing, and Clark engraves "World's Greatest Dad" on a horsehoe before taking off for Metropolis.
At the Daily Planet, Clark meets his wife. Both spouses are concerned with Kara and Cat Grant's editorial. Lois also advises her husband to come back as soon as possible before someone kills Steve Lombard.
Superman gets in a Kryptonian rocketship and flies deep into space, seeking Brainiac and studying findings by Non about Brainiac on Krypton. He finds probes attacking a planet, and finds himself unable to stop the "bottling" process.
Brainiac's ship fires a missile at the sun. Whatever payload it is carrying sets off a chain reaction that blows apart the star and the planet together with it.
Superman is left unconscious. Brainiac's ship pulls him in.
- This book was first published on July 9, 2008.
- General Zod appears only in a flashback in a recording Superman is watching as he travels in a spaceship through space.
- General Zod's full name, Dru-Zod is revealed for the first time in this issue. He is not to be confused with his own ancestor Admiral Zod whose name he shares.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 867 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 867
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
New Krypton Crossover