"New Krypton, Part IV: Beyond Doomsday": In New York City, two Kandorians called Gor y Mur wander the streets observing life on Earth. Both men remember how General Zod struggled to save Kandor and don't care for Kal-El labeling someone whose love to Krypton couldn't be questioned as mass-mu
Appearing in "New Krypton, Part IV: Beyond Doomsday"
- Nightwing (First appearance as Nightwing)
- Flamebird (First appearance as Flamebird)
- Superboy (Kon-El) (Mentioned only)
- California (Cameo)
- Earth's Moon
- New York City
- North Pole
- Project 7734
Synopsis for "New Krypton, Part IV: Beyond Doomsday"
In New York City, two Kandorians called Gor y Mur wander the streets observing life on Earth. Both men remember how General Zod struggled to save Kandor and don't care for Kal-El labeling someone whose love to Krypton couldn't be questioned as mass-murdering terrorist. And they don't understand either why Superman stopped Zod when the latter attempted to take over Earth. Gor and Mur see a car crash happening in front of them but rather helping out, they fly off.
Elsewhere, General Sam Lane gets Lex Luthor out of his cell. He needs his assistance in researching Brainiac and developing defense protocols should the Kryptonians prove to be adversarial. Lex goes on a rant about Kryptonians holding back human progress and taunts Lane by reminding him of the way his daughter used to go after Superman. Lane loses his patience, shoots Luthor on his shoulder to reminding him who is in charge and states he'll work for Lane and never will mention Lois ever again. Luthor grumbles about Lane needing him, and Sam retorts he has more pawns than Luthor.
In Metropolis, Doomsday plods slowly towards the Kryptonian delegation. Superman tells them all get the civilians out of the way as he deals with Doomsday. Supergirl replies the two of them will deal with Doomsday. Both cousins engage the monster as Thara Ak-Var extracts civilians and the President is evacuated. The battle rages across Metropolis but more and more Kryptonians join Superman and Supergirl. They dogpile on top of Doomsday and fly him to Earth's moon where they deal him a crippling blow, seemingly killing him. The Kandorians cheer afterwards, a sight which gets Superman and Supergirl worried. So many people with so much power and a willingness to use it and joyfully bludgeon someone to death -even if said someone is Doomsday- is worrisome.
Later, Gor and Mur sneak in the Fortress of Solitude. They trust neither Superman nor humans, and plan on using the Phantom Zone Projector to free General Zod from the Phantom Zone. Nonetheless, they're ambushed and taken down by two costumed persons calling themselves Nightwing and Flamebird.
- This book was first published on November 12, 2008.
- This issue is Chapter Four in the "Superman: New Krypton" story-line (although this issue credits it as chapter two).
- Storyline continues Adventure Comics Special Featuring Guardian #1 and continues in Supergirl (Volume 5) #35.
- Kandor is talked about as a cultural mecca so revered throughout the universe that other cities took its name, explaining away all non-Kryptonians self-named cities met by Superman and Supergirl in the Post-Crisis continuity.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 871 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 871
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Superman at Wikipedia.org
- Superman at DC Comics
- Superman at TV Tropes
- Superman at Supermanica
- Supergirl Comic Box Commentary review.
New Krypton Crossover