"Path of Doom, Part Two": Many weird things have happened to Superman lately: his Prime Earth counterpart died, Lex declared himself to be his successor, and then a stranger claiming to be Clark Kent has also made an appearance. Now, Doomsday has attacked Metropolis once again, forcing Superman
- You can't act like this is normal, "Clark!" Like you're fine! Lois outed you as Superman! To the whole world! Even before that--you confided in me, man. You told me the truth! But now, here both of you are, like nothing ever happened! Even as Luthor claimed Superman was dead! Wearing his cape, no less! How am I supposed to believe you are who you say you are?!
- -- Jimmy Olsen
Appearing in "Path of Doom, Part Two"
- "Clark Kent"
- Jimmy Olsen
- Jon Kent
- Lois Lane-Kent
- Metropolis Special Crimes Unit
- Mister Oz
- Superman (Post-Flashpoint) (Flashback only)
- Batman (Flashback only)
- Wonder Woman (Flashback only)
- Lois Lane (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Path of Doom, Part Two"
Many weird things have happened to Superman lately: his Prime Earth counterpart died, Lex declared himself to be his successor, and then a stranger claiming to be Clark Kent has also made an appearance. Now, Doomsday has attacked Metropolis once again, forcing Superman to cooperate with Lex in taking the beast down.
From afar, the battle is watched by Mr. Oz, who hopes to take advantage of it. Lois and Jon also watch the fight from the safety of their home. Jon asks his mother about Doomsday, and Lois answers that he was a monster Superman fought in the old world. Superman won… and that’s what matters. Mother and son are also confused by the stranger that looks like Clark. Meanwhile, Jimmy continuously pesters Clark with questions about how can he be alive. Clark merely replies he did what he had to. He had to survive.
Lex attempts to distract Doomsday with his weapons, but they have no effect. Superman then grabs Doomsday and attempts to take him into orbit. Doomsday throws him back into the ground and continues the battle. Superman is astonished to learn Doomsday is actually using strategy. Jon attempts to go to help his father but Lois says he will only put himself in danger. At the same time, Jimmy asks the new Clark to help Superman, but Clark says he is not a hero anymore.
While Superman struggles with Doomsday, Lex saves some civilians and then attacks Doomsday directly, giving Superman the opportunity to save a falling train. Unfortunately, Doomsday breaks through Lex’s armor and begins strangling him. From his hideout, Mr. Oz wonders what will Superman do next.
- This book was first published on June 22, 2016.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 958 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 958
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
[[Category:DC Rebirth|Action Comics Vol 1 0958]]