"Lois Lane, Back at the Planet - Part 1": With Superman's protection, Lois has decided to accomplish the most dangerous mission in her life: take her Prime Earth self's job at the Daily Planet. Once she enters the building, she quickly becomes acquainted with the Planets' staff, but Lois
Appearing in "Lois Lane, Back at the Planet - Part 1"
- Jackee Winters
- Jon Smith (Flashback only)
- Kathy Branden (Flashback only)
- Perry White
- LexCorp (Flashback only)
- Lex Luthor (Post-Flashpoint) (Flashback and main story)
- Lois Lane (In dream sequence only)
- Steve Lombard
- Samuel Lane (In a photograph only)
- Lex Luthor (Pre-Flashpoint) (Mentioned only)
- Superman (Post-Flashpoint) (Mentioned only)
- Earth (Flashback and main story)
- Clark Kent's Signal Watch (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Lois Lane, Back at the Planet - Part 1"
With Superman's protection, Lois has decided to accomplish the most dangerous mission in her life: take her Prime Earth self's job at the Daily Planet. Once she enters the building, she quickly becomes acquainted with the Planets' staff, but Lois can't help but suspect that Perry will quickly discover her.
A few days ago, Lois had been having dreams about the alternate Lois asking for her help. Her most recent dream happened last night, just as she was sleeping right next to the tunnel Superman had built as a quick escape route for the Smith family in case of emergency. Superman picked her up and takes her to the skies, where Lois confided her dreams to her husband. Superman and Lois had understood their lives had become stranger as of late, what with Lex deciding to become a Superman of his own and an entirely human Clark Kent running around. As husband and wife returned home, they found Jon playing with his friend and Kathy. Jon and Kathy went to the kitchen to eat ice cream and Lois showed Clark the letter she got from her alternate self, a letter that contains a series of letters and numbers. Lois quickly deciphered this code and discovers it was actually a password for one of the Daily Planet computers. To get to the bottom of this mystery, Lois decides to impersonate her Prime Earth counterpat at the Daily Planet.
Back in the present, Lois goes to Perry's office and finds him talking with Lex Luthor, the Daily Planet's owner. Although she is suspicious of Lex, she knows she has bigger things to worry about and reluctantly agrees to Lex's request to find the identity of the real Superman as well as to give Lex a positive reputation among the people of Metropolis. After the meeting, Lois goes to her office and attempts to turn on her computer, until suddenly the human Clark barges in. He was worried that Lois didn't contact him after the death of the previous Superman and Lois attempts to calm him down. Clark accidentally spills coffee all over Lois' computer. At first believing her investigation has a hit a major obstacle, Lois suddenly remembers her other self had a computer at her apartment and quickly leaves.
Lois reaches the apartment at nightfall and wonders why did her alternate self attempt to contact her, instead of Perry or Clark. Suddenly, she finds an unexpected visitor: Lana Lang, the new Superwoman.
- This book was first published on October 12, 2016.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 965 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 965
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
[[Category:DC Rebirth|Action Comics Vol 1 0965]]