"Only Human, Part 1": Superman is conducting repairs on a damaged submarine until he gets a phone call from Lois, who is worried that Superman might be overworked after his struggles with the Godslayer, the Revenge Squad and Mr. Mxyzptlk. Superman insists he is alright and goes to stop a massacr
- It's so easy to resent him. Human beings are complex and confusing, they are a churning mass of desires and fears at any given moment. A white noise of bemusement. We are not binary. Good and evil would be blissful definitions. Unattainable certainty. Forever out of reach. He, however, is good. It is so easy, to resent him...
Appearing in "Only Human, Part 1"
- Lois Lane-Kent
- Jon Kent
- Godslayer (Mentioned only)
- LexCorp (Mentioned only)
- Mister Mxyptlk (Mentioned only)
- Superman Revenge Squad (Mentioned only)
- United States of America
- Germany (On a TV or computer screen)
- Kasmir (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for "Only Human, Part 1"
Superman is conducting repairs on a damaged submarine until he gets a phone call from Lois, who is worried that Superman might be overworked after his struggles with the Godslayer, the Revenge Squad and Mr. Mxyzptlk. Superman insists he is alright and goes to stop a massacre in the Caucasus Mountains. Using his microscopic vision, he finds that the aggressing gunmen are being controlled by mind ticks, small mind control devices constructed by the Machinist. Superman attempts to capture the Mechanist, only to find that the Mechanist is not really at the scene, he was merely using a mind tick to control an unsuspecting host and watch everything from a safe distance.
After the shooting has been quelled, Superman watches from a TV screen that the same attacks have been happening all over the world. He checks the mind tick with his microscopic vision and finds the Lexcorp symbol embedded it. Shortly afterwards, he flies to the Lexcorp Tower and accuses Lex of being in league with the Machinist. Lex inspects the device and tells Superman that he did not facilitate the Machinist's crimes. The Machinist must have modified Lex's design for a semiconductor in order to construct his mind ticks. Superman in unsure on whether or not he should trust Lex, but Lex insists on proving his innocence and believes a team-up in on order.
Superman and Lex track the mind ticks' energy signal to the border between Kashmir and India, until they are attacked by the Machinist, who has brainwashed an entire militia, along with a group of animals to attack the reluctant allies. With Superman distracted fighting the militia, the Machinist infects Lex with one of his mind ticks and orders him to attack Superman. Although Superman urges Lex to reassert control of himself, Lex is unable to resist the Machinist's orders.
- This book was first published on August 9, 2017.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 985 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series