"After Effects": Following the aftermath of Mr. Oz, Superman wonders that what the mysterious enemy said to him is true, is he really Jor-El, and how did he survive Krypton’s explosion? Superman rebuilds Kalex to search his data-banks to see who created him. He answered that Jor-El created him.
- I never knew my biological father...at least not the way most people do. All my life, I heard his voice, saw images of what he looked like...but I never knew who he was. Not really. I had to believe in my heart that he was a good man. He has to be a good man. Because if he's not...then what does that make me?
- — Superman
Appearing in "After Effects"
- Green Lantern Corps
- Lois Lane-Kent
- Booster Gold
- Jimmy Olsen
- Jon Kent
- Perry White
- Doctor Manhattan (Mentioned only)
- Green Lantern (Tomar-Re) (Mentioned only)
- Metropolis Meteors (Mentioned only)
- Mr. Oz (Mentioned only)
- The Flash (Mentioned only)
- Thomas Wayne (Mentioned only)
- Thomas Wayne (Flashpoint Timeline) (Mentioned only)
- Sector 2814
- Sector 2813 (Hologram)
Synopsis for "After Effects"
Following the aftermath of Mr. Oz, Superman wonders that what the mysterious enemy said to him is true, is he really Jor-El, and how did he survive Krypton’s explosion? Superman rebuilds Kalex to search his data-banks to see who created him. He answered that Jor-El created him. In his anger, Superman smashes the table. Batman then arrives, wondering if his friend is ok. Superman asks Bruce what he would do if his father re-entered his life and came back worst. Bruce answered that it actually happened to him a few months ago. Superman then leaves to help a family stranded in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.
In Metropolis, in the Daily Planet, Perry White is wondering where Clark Kent is. Lois Lane assured to Perry White that he is working on a story that was suppose to be Lois’ job. Perry then orders Lois to bring Clark to him if he doesn’t come back. Outside of the office, Lois sees Superman. He tells his wife that he’s been searching for answers to find out that Mr. Oz truly is his father. A portal opens, which shows Hal Jordan opening it all the way from Mogo to Earth. Superman enters the portal and reaches Mogo.
As the two friends have their reunion, Hal shows Superman a former lantern ring’s memory which shows the day his home world exploded. Superman sees the video of his rocket flying away from Krypton. But then the image of the ring’s memory was tampered with and the image disappears.
Superman returns to earth and his apartment to watch his son sleep. Superman assures to Lois that if Mr. Oz is his seemingly deceased father Jor-El, he’s wondering if he and Jon are going to turn into what Jor-El turned into. Lois assures to Superman that whatever problem he has, he will find the answer.
Superman then flies to the Watchtower’s weapons vault and finds the Flash’s Cosmic Treadmill. Using his super-speed, Superman powers the treadmill and runs back in time, to the day Krypton exploded. As Superman vanished into the time stream, a time portal opens revealing the time sphere, driven by Booster Gold and Skeets. The two jumps out warning Superman not to use the treadmill, but they are too late.
- This book was first published on November 22, 2017.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Action Comics Vol 1 992 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Action Comics series
- Images from Action Comics Vol 1 992