Unbeknownst to himself, Adam was the descendant of an ancient cult of vampires - the more extreme kind, that feasted on humans. By the 21st century, the majority of vampires consumed animal blood instead. Because of these dietary decisions, they cannot procreate.
Adam's life style with substance abuse led to him developing Hepatitis A and Liver Cancer. He had to drop out of college and lost his athletic physique. His friends Josh and Nicole introduced him to the world of vampirism, and he accepted. With his diseases now gone, he was born anew.
With the help of the vampire community, they tracked down Josh's killer and discover that the Tribe, the violent vampires, came for Adam, who was one of their own. Adam and Nicole lured the Tribe to Golden Gate Park and killed the last remaining members of the Tribe.
- Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters.
- Enhanced Senses: A vampire's senses are enhanced far beyond those of a normal human being.
- Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.
- Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.
- Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.
- Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.
- Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.
- Psychokinesis: Most vampires possess some form of psychokinesis. Some are clairvoyant, others can communicate telepathically, some possess mind control. Particularly powerful vampires can control the minds of several people at once.
- Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.
- Metamorphosis: Vampires often demonstrate the ability to alter their appearance at will.
- 5 Appearances of Adam Heller (Blood and Water)
- 3 Images featuring Adam Heller (Blood and Water)
- 4 Quotations by or about Adam Heller (Blood and Water)
- Character Gallery: Adam Heller (Blood and Water)