"Planet Heist, Part II": There is one last alien bounty hunter for Adam Strange to take care of. The bounty hunter launches a heat-seeking smart missile that follows Adam all throughout Gotham City. His energy weapons are ineffective against it, so he bobs an
- So long, Earth. You'll get along just fine without me.
Synopsis for "Planet Heist, Part II"
There is one last alien bounty hunter for Adam Strange to take care of. The bounty hunter launches a heat-seeking smart missile that follows Adam all throughout Gotham City. His energy weapons are ineffective against it, so he bobs and weaves throughout the city canyons. Eventually, he doubles back and dives straight for the bounty hunter. Turning at the last second, Adam avoids the missile as it collides with the hunter.
The alien is down, but still alive. Its battle armor though is damaged beyond repair. Adam interrogates him, asking him how he acquired Zeta-Beam technology and what does he know of the Rann Supernova. The alien doesn't have time to answer as his suit goes critical and he explodes. Before the explosion however, Adam is able to confiscate the Zeta-Beamer from the alien's war suit.
He returns to his apartment and gathers together the components that comprise his uniform, including his cap, harness and proper weaponry. GCPD officers bang down the door looking for him. They indicate that the two arresting officers were hospitalized following Strange's breakout earlier that evening. Strange blasts off and leaves Earth behind.
Using the bounty hunter's Zeta-Beamer, Adam teleports to the Alpha Centauri system. He reappears in the wake of the supernova and the heat immediately begins to play havoc with his sensors. Analyzing the debris surrounding the supernova, he begins to suspect that somebody or something may have Zeta-Beamed the entire planet of Rann to another location. His wife and child may still be alive!
Appearing in "Planet Heist, Part II"
- Unnamed bounty hunter #1 (Final appearance; dies)
- Alanna Strange (In a photograph only)
- Aleea Strange (In a photograph only)
- Gotham City Police Department
- This issue is reprinted in the Adam Strange: Planet Heist trade paperback.
- Adam Strange makes referene to a "mystery in space". Mystery in Space was the name of the Silver Age science fiction title that showcased many of Adam Strange's adventures in the 50's and 60's.
- Adam Strange (Volume 1)
- Mystery in Space (Volume 1)
- Mystery in Space (Volume 2)
- Omega Men (Volume 1)
- Omega Men (Volume 2)
- Rann-Thanagar War
- Rann-Thanagar: Holy War