"The Spectre: "The Swami and... the Spectre"": Swami Seelal is a con-artist who has convinced several wealthy ladies that he can protect them from spirits of the astral world. When he is informed that one of the ladies' husband has decided to withdraw his economic support to his crusade, Seelal
- It is my face, evil swami! The wrathful face of... The Spectre!
- -- Spectre
Appearing in The Spectre: "The Swami and... the Spectre"
- Gwendolyn Sterling
- Seelal (Only appearance; dies)
- Smiley (Single appearance)
- Mrs. Vandergilt (Single appearance)
- Mr. Vandergilt (Only appearance; dies)
- Ernie (Single appearance)
Synopsis for The Spectre: "The Swami and... the Spectre"
Swami Seelal is a con-artist who has convinced several wealthy ladies that he can protect them from spirits of the astral world. When he is informed that one of the ladies' husband has decided to withdraw his economic support to his crusade, Seelal stages an "accident", where the man is killed and he manages to convince the widow that her husband was killed by the wrath of the spirit.
When the case is brough to the attention of Detective Jim Corrigan, he deduces that the Swami is a fake and warns the man to tread carefully on any other "accidents" that might connect to him. Coincidentally, the Swami is soon visited by Gwendolyn Sterling, who is seeking for help in turning Jim Corrigan into a living human once again. The Swami decides to use this chance to steal from Gwen and kill Jim at the same time, eliminating all his problems.
The Swami summons Gwen to a cemetery in the middle of the night and Gwen has called Jim to meet them there and perform a ritual that will help them. The Swami leaves before Jim could arrive and he leaves his enforcer at the entrance of the graveyard, where he uses a molotov bomb to kill Corrigan when he enters the place. The killer then walks towards Gwen with the intention of killing her, but The Spectre saves her and the crook is then dragged into a recently dug tomb by spirits. Gwen regrets having gone to the Swami, but Corrigan understands, knowing the pain of not being able to be together.
Finally, The Spectre goes to the Swami's place during his spiritual session and transforms the man into a glass statue, before tumbling it to the ground, turning it into dust.
Appearing in Captain Fear: "Revolt and Revenge!"
- Muipo (First appearance)
- Miss Hernandez (Final appearance)
- European Slavers (Final appearance)
Synopsis for Captain Fear: "Revolt and Revenge!"
- Synopsis not yet written.
- This book was first published on February 28, 1974.
- "The Swami and... the Spectre" is reprinted in Wrath of the Spectre #1 and Showcase Presents: The Spectre Vol. 1.
- Russell Carley is credited as "art continuity".
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventure Comics Vol 1 433 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventure Comics series
Links and References