"Legion of Super-Heroes: "Saturn Rising"": It is the 31st Century, at a time when Legion Headquarters is still being built. At the Science Police training center, Saturn Girl hones her fighting skills but practice soon g
Appearing in Legion of Super-Heroes: "Saturn Rising"
- Zaryan (Mentioned only)
- Captain of the Robot Raiders
- Superboy (Hologram)
- R.J. Brande (Mentioned only)
- Circadia Senius (Mentioned only)
- Science Police
- Lieutenant Zendak (Mentioned only)
- Sergeant Esquivel (Dies)
- Science Police Officers
- 31st Century
- Robot Raider's Ship
Synopsis for Legion of Super-Heroes: "Saturn Rising"
It is the 31st Century, at a time when Legion Headquarters is still being built. At the Science Police training center, Saturn Girl hones her fighting skills but practice soon gives way to harsh reality as the three Legionnaires are called to apprehend raiders of a Lehigh Robot factory in Metropolis.
So Imra trains harder, supported by Esquivel.
In Taiwan, they face another robot raiding party, and Saturn Girl tracks the flesh-and-blood raider Captain, but Imra distracts Esquivel in a critical moment, and the Sergeant is killed and, too late, Saturn Girl takes down the Captain. Imra is later comforted by Rokk Krinn, and wakes up in his bed the next morning. Embarrassed, she wipes the experience from his mind and redoubles her training, determined to make up for the death of Sergeant Esquivel.
Appearing in The Atom: "Nucleus part 2: Atom Stranger"
- Atom (Ray Palmer) (Flashback and main story)
- Batgirl (On a TV or computer screen)
- Jack Palmer (Flashback only)
- David Palmer (Flashback only)
- Alpheus Hyatt
- Batman (Mentioned only)
- Firestorm (Mentioned only)
- Ray Palmer's Teacher
- Arkham Asylum (Mentioned only)
- Ivy Town
- Ivy Town Public School (Flashback only)
- Ivy University
- Alpheus Hyatt's Residence
- The Calculator's Lair
- Oracle's Control Room
- Lincoln Town Car
Synopsis for The Atom: "Nucleus part 2: Atom Stranger"
The Calculator stands triumphantly with his foot on the Atom's head, and Ray has seconds to live. Ray thought: everything he comes into contact with shrinks; whether oxygen molecules, pathogens... or The Calculator. Too late, the Calculator realizes that he has been reduced and is trapped in the sub-atomic realm with the Atom. He has no choice but to travel to Oracle's lair and answer Ray's questions; and for free.
When Ray Palmer was young, back in Ivy Town Public School, his Uncle David picked him up after a Science Fair, when his father was unable to. David Palmer dressed well, drove a nice Lincoln Town Car, sported fine jewelry (with a unique Ant symbol on it) and told Ray that he was destined for greater things than his father.
In Oracle's cave, Barbara Gordon gives Ray a vaccine against the Calculator's pathogen, and with Ray cured, the villain has no choice but to tell them that he had been hired by The Colony. Neither Barbara nor Ray have heard of them -- but at Ivy University, Dr Hyatt is gaining first-hand knowledge. Replicating the Atom's powers, three miniature men in black garb pop from Alpheus' telephone and grow to full size. They demand "The Meteor" and hunt for the White Dwarf Star Material before knocking out Dr Hyatt. And they bare a unique Ant insignia...
- "Saturn Rising" takes place before the Legion's first encounter with Superboy.
- In "Atom Strange", Ray Palmer explained that he was able to breathe in the subatomic world because his shrinking field also shrunk the oxygen molecules around him.
- The leader of the Colony black ops team called the White Dwarf Star Fragment "The Meteor", meaning that he was unlikely to be a scientist, as a Meteor does not reach the ground. He should have said "Meteorite".
- Discuss Adventure Comics Vol 1 517 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventure Comics series
- Images from Adventure Comics Vol 1 517