"Legion of Super-Heroes: "Whispers of Doom"": The Legion chases down Zaryan's raiding ships, and battles their way through his robots to the bridge. They find Waphan speaking to Zaryan on the monitor, and [[Imra Ardeen (Pre-Ze
- I.. I can't see clearly, sir, but I think I saw a Legionnaire die...
Appearing in Legion of Super-Heroes: "Whispers of Doom"
- Legion of Super-Heroes
- Nura Nal
- Beren Kah
- Doomsday (Statue only)
- Lex Luthor (Statue only)
- Bizarro #1 (Statue only)
- Cyborg-Superman (Statue only)
- Mongul (Statue only)
- Science Police
- 31st Century
- Robot Raiders Ships
Synopsis for Legion of Super-Heroes: "Whispers of Doom"
The Legion chases down Zaryan's raiding ships, and battles their way through his robots to the bridge. They find Waphan speaking to Zaryan on the monitor, and Saturn Girl gets his coordinates from the navigation chip.
At Legion of Super-Heroes Headquarters, Phantom Girl flirts with an embarrassed Superboy while discussing the ghost whispers that have been heard in the Headquarters. He awkwardly excuses himself and visits the Superman Museum, where he sees the worst villains from his future; and learns that Doomsday would be his death.
On the planet Naltor, Zaryan attacks but did not count on the presence of the Legion. His ships and robots are defeated, and Zaryan barely escapes Ultra Boy's grasp. The Legion were able to ambush Zaryan at Naltor because of Dream Girl's vision of the future. But her next vision is more dire -- one of the Legion is going to die!
Appearing in The Atom: "Nucleus part 3, We Are All Atoms"
- David Palmer (Mentioned only)
Synopsis for The Atom: "Nucleus part 3, We Are All Atoms"
The Atom finds his mentor, Professor Hyatt, on the floor of his ransacked house, and the Colony black ops culprits are still there. They are no match for the Atom and try to reason with him. Their stolen tech was faulty and they need the White Dwarf Matter to make it work, but have little time to regret its miss-use before exploding into bloody streamers.
The Professor didn't know where the White Dwarf Matter was, and the Atom had hidden it well. And without it, the Colony could not stabilize the shrinking process.
Oracle tracks the original call to Hyatt back to the Colony and provides a safe house for the Professor. The Atom travels the phone line, and he pops out in a dark lair facing the guns of dozens of Colony agents.
- Previously, Superman had taken all the White Dwarf Star Fragments on Earth, and pushed them into the core of the planet, in Adventures of Superman #618. Any fragments that Ray Palmer possessed must have been found after that time.
- This is the first time that a user of the Atom's tech exploded. The Atom had always known that it was a danger, but had long-since solved that instability. The Colony agents had stolen Ray's older prototypes.
- Ray Palmer states that there are one hundred Chemical Elements that make up everything in the New Earth Universe. This would indicate that the DCU periodic table is slightly different than in the outside world; where we have 91 elements that occur in any appreciable amount.
- Discuss Adventure Comics Vol 1 518 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventure Comics series
- Images from Adventure Comics Vol 1 518