"Operation Bollock: Back to Blighty": Following a botched operation to obliterate a Gestapo headquarters which instead accidentally destroyed an old people's retirement home, the Rifle Brigade are on ten days' leave. Hugo Darcy is later summoned to the office of Colonel Frigpipe, who gives him a
Appearing in "Operation Bollock: Back to Blighty"
- Colonel Frigpipe
- Bobby Darcy
- Uncle Jimmy Milk
- C-47 Skytrain
- Focke-Wulf Fw 190
Synopsis for "Operation Bollock: Back to Blighty"
Following a botched operation to obliterate a Gestapo headquarters which instead accidentally destroyed an old people's retirement home, the Rifle Brigade are on ten days' leave. Hugo Darcy is later summoned to the office of Colonel Frigpipe, who gives him a chance to redeem himself and the Rifle Brigade by assigning them in a top secret mission: to find the missing bollock of Adolf Hitler. The bollock is in fact a source of unspeakable occult power in whichever army carries the bollock will never be defeated in battle. The British see to obtaining the bollock from falling into the wrong hands. The bollock, which has been long missing, has resurfaced and tracked down to the little Middle Eastern country of Semmen, where it is believed to be in the possession of the local sultan. Furthermore, the British are not sharing this information with their American allies, but highly expect that they will eventually know about it as well. Thus the Rifle Brigade are sent on Operation Bollock.
After gathering the members of the Rifle Brigade, Hugo and the Brigade are flying into Semmeni airspace. They are then suddenly attack by a Focke-Wulf, whose pilot has a personal grudge against the Rifle Brigade for "committing a crime against [his] family." The Focke-Wulf kills the plane's pilots and destroying the controls. Lieutenant Milk takes control of the plane and causing it to crash land into the desert ground. The Rifle Brigade survives without any serious injury and manage to trek to the Semmeni city of Sidiboomboom. They are observe unnoticed by an unseen German woman, who also has a grudge with the Rifle Brigade.
- Adventures in the Rifle Brigade: Operation Bollock is a three-issue limited series published under DC's Vertigo imprint.
- Adventures in the Rifle Brigade (Volume 1) and this limited series are both collected in the 2004 Adventures in the Rifle Brigade trade paperback.
- Bunnydown Waters is a reference to the title of the book Watership Down, which is about a small group of rabbits.
- Discuss Adventures in the Rifle Brigade Vol 2 1 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures in the Rifle Brigade series
- Images from Adventures in the Rifle Brigade Vol 2 1