"The Next Dream": Supergirl fights her way through different dream scenarios conjured by her enemy. In one dream she is fighting the hordes of Nightflame in the Innerverse. In another dream she is a [[K
- Feels like I've been at this for days. I've been pushing through various scenarios... searching for whoemever is keeping me here. In every dream, there is always a fight... always something to distract me from cutting to the dream's heart.
Appearing in "The Next Dream"
- Facet (Behind the scenes) (Mentioned only)
- Vartox (Mentioned only)
- Red Tornado (Mentioned only)
- Nightflame (Mentioned only)
- Supergirl (Earth-One) (In dream sequence only)
- Supergirl (New Earth) (In dream sequence only)
- Linda Danvers (In dream sequence only)
- Red Lantern Supergirl (Prime Earth) (In dream sequence only)
- Kara In-Ze (In dream sequence only)
- Kara Starikov (In dream sequence only)
- Superman (Mentioned only)
- Mar (First appearance) (In dream sequence only)
- Alura (Mentioned only)
- Krypton (Mentioned only)
- Fort Rozz (Flashback only)
Synopsis for "The Next Dream"
Supergirl fights her way through different dream scenarios conjured by her enemy. In one dream she is fighting the hordes of Nightflame in the Innerverse. In another dream she is a teenager defending the Earth against thousands of Kryptonians together with her cousin. In another dream she's an angel with fire wings fighting monsters. In another dream she defends Chicago from giant robots in the year 2965. In other dreams she fights versions of herself like a Red Lantern Supergirl or a t-shirt-wearing Kara.
Every time Supergirl catches a glimpse of her real enemy, though, her assailant changes the dreamscape and forces her through another battle. Kara never stops fighting and hunting her down, though, and after hundreds of dreams, Supergirl rips through one final barrier and breaks through her enemy's mental barriers.
Her psychic aggressor calls herself Psi, dream mistress of Fort Rozz, and claims Supergirl is a monster who must be put to sleep forever. Psi tries to throw Supergirl back into her head and into another dream where she is Kara Starikov fighting in World War II. Supergirl breaks free and confronts Psi again.
Psi reveals she was a Fort Roz psychic guard whose job was to watch and keep dangerous criminals asleep, but whose physical body was destroyed when Fort Rozz crashed into Earth. Psi empathized with Rampage and accuses Supergirl and her sister Alex of killing Rampage and her sister. Kara argues she honestly tried to save Rampage and dares Psi to really look into her mind.
Psi learns the truth and wonders if Facet lied to them all. Supergirl wants to Psi tell her more, but Psi decides to release her under the condition that Kara promises to help her.
Kara promises to do so, and she finally wakes up. Kara calls Alex to tell her sister they have a new mission.
- No special notes.
- Supergirl's apartment building Hammersmith Tower shares name with the building where Lana Lang and Supergirl lived in Post-Crisis continuity.
- Kara's dreams are a callback to different storylines like Superman: New Krypton, Supergirl: Red Daughter of Krypton or DC Bombshells.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Supergirl Vol 1 7 (Digital) on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Supergirl series
- Images from Adventures of Supergirl Vol 1 7 (Digital)
- Supergirl Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Adventure Comics (Volume 1)
- All-Star Comics (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 1)
- Superman Family (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 2)
- Infinity Inc. (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 3)
- Supergirl (Volume 4)
- Supergirl (Volume 5)
- Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (Volume 1)
- Power Girl (Volume 2)
- Supergirl (Volume 6)
- Worlds' Finest (Volume 1)
- Supergirl (Volume 7)
Links and References
- No external links.