"Reign of the Superman!": Lois Lane wakes up to the sound of tapping on her window. Thinking it's the birds again, Lois draws back the drapes to reveal the image of an S-emblazoned chest. It is Superman -- the one and only real Superman she knows! She leaps into his arms a
Appearing in "Reign of the Superman!"
- Bibbo Bibbowski
- Cat Grant
- Dan Turpin
- Last Son of Krypton
- Jimmy Olsen
- Kitty Faulkner
- Lois Lane
- Maggie Sawyer
- Perry White
- Steel (John Henry Irons)
- Tana Moon
- Metropolis Special Crimes Unit
- Timmy (Single appearance)
Synopsis for "Reign of the Superman!"
Lois Lane wakes up to the sound of tapping on her window. Thinking it's the birds again, Lois draws back the drapes to reveal the image of an S-emblazoned chest. It is Superman -- the one and only real Superman she knows! She leaps into his arms and the two of them kiss in midair.
After he takes a shower, Lois discusses with Kal-El how they could let the world know that his civilian identity of Clark Kent has come back from the dead. But their discussion is soon stopped when Kal-El suddenly hears Maggie Sawyer outside a bank being robbed by a criminal named Loophole. Quickly he goes into action as Superman, freeing Loophole's hostages but getting a taste of his matter-bending powers before realizing how he can stop him. Maggie is in disbelief that this is really Superman come back from the dead, but her doubt is removed when Superman reports another activity going on in the city that requires his attention and so zooms off to attend to it.
Meanwhile, a helicopter bringing Superboy, Supergirl, and Steel back to Metropolis lands, and Steel is turned over to medics while the Eradicator's body is given to scientists from S.T.A.R. Labs before the other two heroes fly off. Superboy returns to his apartment to rest, but he is soon visited by Tana Moon who tells him that she is leaving Metropolis.
After Superman rescues some children that were trapped in a basement following the devastation caused by the Doomsday confrontation, Jimmy Olsen suggests that maybe Clark Kent could be trapped in a basement somewhere in Metropolis. Superman just wonders how come he never thought of it.
- Final chapter of "Reign of the Supermen!".
- Only the first two pages of this story appear in the Superman: The Return of Superman collected edition and the complete issue is reprinted in the 2016 edition and in the Superman: The Death and Return of Superman Omnibus.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 505 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
The events from this issue or series are related to The Death and Return of Superman, a retroactively named trilogy in which Superman is killed by the monster Doomsday. Later, four superheroes debut in Metropolis who claim or are assumed to be reincarnations of him—the Last Son of Krypton, the Man of Steel, the Man of Tomorrow, and Superboy. Meanwhile, Superman is brought back to life.
This template will automatically categorize articles that include it into the Death and Return of Superman Crossovers category.
Links and References
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman biography page at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
Action Comics #692