"Target: Cadmus": After destroying one of Paul Westfield's missiles, an enraged Superman races towards Project Cadmus to get some answers. When he arrives however, he discovers that Westfield has been murdered. The Project Cadmus directors examine the body and they beg
- Unfortunately, I'm the only one who made it out! Unfortunate... for Lex Luthor! This time I'm going to bring him down -- hard!
- -- Superman
Appearing in "Target: Cadmus"
- Anthony Rodriguez I
- Jonathan Gabrielli I
- Patrick MacGuire I
- Thomas Thompkins I
- Walter Johnson I
- Carl Packard
- Paul Westfield (Deceased)
- Sydney Happersen
- Larsen (Cadmus Guard)
- Newsboy Legion (Mentioned only)
- The Sea Queen
Synopsis for "Target: Cadmus"
After destroying one of Paul Westfield's missiles, an enraged Superman races towards Project Cadmus to get some answers. When he arrives however, he discovers that Westfield has been murdered. The Project Cadmus directors examine the body and they begin to suspect that the untrustworthy operations manager Carl Packard might be responsible.
The true murderer however is Dabney Donovan. Having removed Westfield's ear as a trophy, Donovan retires to his private sanctum and secretly monitors the affairs of the Cadmus personnel.
Carl Packard is skulking about the corridors of Project Cadmus. He needs to transmit a message to Lex Luthor, but he knows that the project directors will be looking to pin Westfield's murder on him. One of the Cadmus guards nabs Packard and brings him back to the command center.
Dubbilex and the other project heads continue to look for a cure to the clone plague. They determine that the plague hasn't really affected some of the older clones such as Guardian and Dubbilex himself. They learn that the catalyst that has made the plague affect the younger clones is fallout from engine city. Miraculously, they also discover that Guardian's blood holds the key towards curing the plague. Secretly, Packard sends out a message to Lex Luthor informing him of the news.
Luthor, having also been infected by the virus lies very close to death and desperately needs the cure. He sends a squadron of armored Team Luthor soldiers to Project Cadmus to acquire the cure at all costs. If they fail, they are to destroy the laboratory's power cure. If he cannot have the cure -- than no one shall.
Team Luthor personnel descend upon Project Cadmus and Superman flies out to intercept them. The other project heads labor to synthesize an antidote from Guardian's blood. Superman prevents the soldiers from reaching Guardian, so they instead attack the power core. The cure appears to be successful and within moments, Superboy is healthy and back in action. He joins Superman in his fight against the soldiers. Neither of them however can prevent Team Luthor from blowing up the power reactor. The reactor overloads and the explosion destroys the entire Project Cadmus compound. Only Superman and Superboy emerge from the rubble. Superman swears to bring down Luthor once and for all.
- This issue is chapter four of the four-part "Battle for Metropolis" story-arc. This issue leads directly into the "Fall of Metropolis" story-arc beginning with Action Comics #700.
- This issue is triangle number 1994/23.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 513 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
- Images from Adventures of Superman Vol 1 513
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
- Superman (comics) at Wikipedia.org
- Adventures of Superman series index at Comicbookdb.com
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database Project
Superman (volume 2) #90: 1994/22
Action Comics #700: 1994/24
This issue is related to the Battle for Metropolis and Fall of Metropolis storylines, spanning through the Superman Titles in 1994, and involving the battle for, and then fall of Metropolis.