"Justice!": Thinking Superman dead, the The Tribunal turns its attention to the vile The Cyborg. Tribunal Prime's torture of this villain, however, causes dissension among the Tribunal. When Pollux attempts to stop the excessive
Appearing in "Justice!"
- Krypton (Mentioned only)
- Tribunal World
- Steel's Second Armor
Synopsis for "Justice!"
Thinking Superman dead, the The Tribunal turns its attention to the vile The Cyborg. Tribunal Prime's torture of this villain, however, causes dissension among the Tribunal. When Pollux attempts to stop the excessive punishment, he is struck by Tribunal Prime.
Team Superman returns to the Tribunal to protest their actions. Superman tries to defend M]'s innocence, but a recording of Brute, Mope's milk-brother, shows that Mope was indeed guilty. Still, the dissension among the Tribunal grows, with the injured Pollux accusing Tribunal Prime. Ternion agrees with the charges, and their former leader is to be taken into custody. He resists, putting up a fair fight against the guards and Team Superman, but is shot down by the guards when attempting to leave.
The Cyborg is sentenced to a black hole, where the Tribunal is sure he will be trapped for good. Alpha Centurion and the others return home aboard the Pax Romana, where Superman is reunited with an emotional Lois Lane. However, this does not mean Superman is acquitted; instead, the Tribunal compromises by changing Superman's sentence to "community service." In this case, since the superhero is known to be engaged in a never-ending battle for Truth and Justice, he is to continue that task and Superman, who obviously has already dedicated his life to that calling, readily agrees.
- Superman navigation number 1996/4.
- No trivia.
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 531 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)
Links and References
Superman (Volume 2) #108: 1996/3
Action Comics #718: 1996/5
The Trial of Superman! Crossover