"Battery, Part Four": The SCU has arrived in force at a S.T.A.R. Labs hostage crisis. The perpetrators are the Replikon Xlim and a man calling himself Ruin. There are 26 hostages, high school students, and Ruin wants to talk to Superman in 16 minutes or he will start killing hostages.
- HUSH! The Zero Hour approaches! There will be a CRISIS on Earth! Time will need Ritalin, it's gonna be so HYPER! And a WAR, ohhh there will be a WAR, so SECRET that YEARS will pass before it concludes! A DARK age is coming, my friend, that shall cast you into a NO MAN'S LAND of despair! I mean REALLY dark, talking, like, an OBSIDIAN age here. Honest.
Appearing in "Battery, Part Four"
Synopsis for "Battery, Part Four"
The SCU has arrived in force at a S.T.A.R. Labs hostage crisis. The perpetrators are the Replikon Xlim and a man calling himself Ruin. There are 26 hostages, high school students, and Ruin wants to talk to Superman in 16 minutes or he will start killing hostages.
Superman arrives and offers help. While talking to Lieutenant Leocadio he dashes off and saves hostages, angering Leocadio. She tells him she doesn't want him drained like he was fighting Xlim before, and Superman says that the potential for personal harm never stopped him before, and he heads off to stop Ruin.
Superman steps in and tries to talk to Ruin, who simply fires a beam at Superman. Suddenly, time stops, startling Superman, who is the only one left still moving. A nearby phone rings. Superman picks it up and it's Mxyzptlk, who pops through the receiver. He grabs Superman by the nose and pulls him into the phone, or down the rabbit hole, as Mxy puts it.
Mxy immediately lapses into the dojo scene from The Matrix, switching into Morpheus' clothes. He explains to Superman that he's stopped time to talk to him, and puts Superman in some Neo-esque clothes. He offers Superman a red candy or a blue candy. Superman picks him up and tries to trick him into saying his name backwards, and Mxy laughs it off as it doesn't work. Mxy explains to him that he came to warn about a great crisis to come, a dark time which Superman will need great strength to survive. As part of this, he shows Lois Lane in Umec, in the midst of the fighting, having transferred to a more front-line unit.
Mxy returns Superman to the lab, and time is kick-started again - Superman is hit by a green beam, causing Ruin's device to overload. Ruin does not want to fail, so he orders Xlim to kill the hero.
- This book was first published on July 21, 2004.
- No special notes.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 630 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
- Images from Adventures of Superman Vol 1 630