"Sacrifice, Aftermath: Fragmentation": Superman relates recent events to his wife Lois Lane, expressing his fears that while under the influence of mind-control, he could easily have killed someone. When he believed that [[Doomsday (New Earth)|Doo
- There was nothing. Not even remorse. I looked into the eyes of my dearest friend... and I didn't even recognize her.
- — Superman
Appearing in "Sacrifice, Aftermath: Fragmentation"
Synopsis for "Sacrifice, Aftermath: Fragmentation"
Superman relates recent events to his wife Lois Lane, expressing his fears that while under the influence of mind-control, he could easily have killed someone. When he believed that Doomsday was murdering Lois, he had wanted to kill the creature with his bare hands.
When he was released by Wonder Woman from mental manipulation, he was horrified to learn that she had remorselessly killed Maxwell Lord to do it. He angrily confronted her, but they were both called away by Black Canary to deal with several international crises, requiring them to split up.
While trying to stop a missile en route to Taiwan, Superman was attacked by O.M.A.C.s. He became angry, and attacked them violently. He was taken aback, though, when he realized that the O.M.A.C.s were actually people in need of his help.
Superman then visited Batman in the Batcave, finding that Bruce was still angry with him for having beaten him to the brink of death while under mind control. They argued, and Superman confessed his disapproval of Wonder Woman's actions. Batman revealed that he had already heard from her, dismissing Superman by telling him to go home to his wife.
As Superman finishes his story, he admits that he is at a complete loss as to what he should do about the moral dilemma he faces with Wonder Woman.
- This book was first published on August 17, 2005.
- A second printing of this issue was published with a black and white cover.
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: Sacrifice trade paperback.
- This issue includes a flashback to events from Wonder Woman (Volume 2) #219.
- No trivia.
- Write your own review of this comic!
- Discuss Adventures of Superman Vol 1 643 on the forums
- Cover gallery for the Adventures of Superman series
- Images from Adventures of Superman Vol 1 643
Links and References
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database
- Adventures of Superman series index at the Unofficial Guide to the DC Universe
- Superman article at Wikipedia
- Superman article at Supermanica
- Superman series index at the Grand Comics Database