- I have wiped the memories of so many of the League's enemies. I've tried to change evil men to good ones. I've abused people's minds. And I've done it to one friend too many already.
- — Zatanna
Synopsis for "Blame and Remorse"
At the Daily Planet, Mr. Loving is chastising Clark Kent for believing that Pete is innocent of being Ruin, but they are interrupted by Jimmy Olsen and Jerry Frank who has just been hired by Perry White, much to Jimmy's excitement.
At home, Lois Lane packs for a trip to Umec, where she hopes to uncover who shot her on her last trip there. Lois plays the devil's advocate regarding Pete's innocence, but soon Clark's underlying confusion regarding his friend Wonder Woman's killing of Maxwell Lord. Lois reveals that she believes that Diana did the right thing, but reassures Clark that he is not to blame for his actions while under Lord's mind-control. They resolve that he should check to see whether any control remains implanted in his mind.
Superman visits Zatanna, who refuses to enter his mind, given recent events. She does, however, reveal that she had wiped the mind of The Toyman. They seek him out, and discover that through a psychotic delusion, he has kidnapped several children. They free the children, but Toyman escapes. Even so, Superman offers Zattana forgiveness for her actions, understanding her regret.
Appearing in "Blame and Remorse"
- Mercy Graves
- Bill Loving
- Geraldine Frank
- This issue is reprinted in the Superman: Ruin Revealed trade paperback.
- Superman Recommended Reading
- Action Comics (Volume 1)
- Action Comics (Volume 2)
- Adventures of Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 1)
- Batman/Superman (Volume 2)
- DC Comics Presents (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 1)
- Superman (Volume 2)
- Superman (Volume 3)
- Superman (Volume 4)
- Superman (Volume 5)
- Superman/Batman (Volume 1)
- Superman Confidential (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Steel (Volume 1)
- Superman: The Man of Tomorrow (Volume 1)
- Superman/Wonder Woman (Volume 1)
- World's Finest (Volume 1)