Agent Wax was a field agent working for the National Park Service, a secret US government sponsored-group that monitored and responded to the activities of Super Powered Beings (SPB's).
Unbeknownst to his organization or his boss, Agent Downs, Agent Wax was actually a SPB with the power of mental suggestion, a power he uncovered at the age of fifteen. According to Wax, he inherited his ability from his parents who kept their abilities secret from the world. However, he revealed that his parents possessed great animosity towards each other and possessed destructive powers which ended in his parents killing each other.
He first met the Wildcats when he was hunting a serial killing SPB named Sammy "Slaughterhouse" Smith that was seducing and killing young women with the surname "Marlowe" for the sake of luring and trying to kill Spartan. Spartan had Grifter kill the SPB and then he offered Agent Wax a job in which Wax kept an eye on the National Park Service and made sure they didn't investigate Spartan too much. He worked undercover as an employee of Spartan, which kept him out of the office and prevented him from doing his job so he got demoted to desk jockey and then a chauffeur for his boss' wife. As payback, Wax used his hypnotic powers to rape his boss's wife (not just once but on a regular basis). Eventually, his boss found out and tried to kill him and his wife for the forced infidelity, but Wax made him kill himself instead and then used his hypnosis to make everyone in the National Park Service think he was the boss. This act allowed him to run the National Park Service and still work with Spartan (and also keep sleeping with boss' wife who he grew to have an affection for).
It is unknown what happened to him after the World's End event that decimated most of the Earth's population, but considering he wasn't listed as one of the Earth's surviving superhumans by Spartan, it is assumed he perished.
- Hypnosis: Wax can mentally exert commands onto others temporarily and make them follow his orders.
- Power Limitation: The mental pushes are temporary along with the fact those affected can remember they've been hypnotized and must be constantly exerted to have long-term effects. However, they are ineffective on robotic entities.
- 28 Appearances of Agent Wax (Wildstorm Universe)
- 1 Images featuring Agent Wax (Wildstorm Universe)
- Quotations by or about Agent Wax (Wildstorm Universe)
- Character Gallery: Agent Wax (Wildstorm Universe)