Ahl, the God of Superheroes was a primeval entity originating from Final Heaven.
In time primordial, he descended to Earth, landing at the site of what would one day become Mount Justice. Upon arrival (and after - with the aid of the JLA - helping rout an attempt by Chronos to prevent his mission), he infused the planet with the idea he embodied -- the concept of the superhero. He would come to oversee the transdimensional corporation Retconn - who were in fact his creators, building him from old comics in a process which he, travelling through time to create the superhero concept, would turn into a stable time loop - until one day being murdered with "the brick that can think" by Haxxalon the Star Archer.
Powers and Abilities
- Godly Physiology: A platonic being of Final Heaven, the God of Superheroes was known as "master of all real and imaginary, a beacon of both hope and omnipotence".
- Nigh-Invulnerability: Ahl could not be killed by any weapon throughout history but a brick that can think.
- Superhuman Stamina: Trapped in a time silo, Ahl battled Chronos' armies for a decade without rest before he finally fell.
- Superhuman Strength: Ahl was at least strong enough to push his hand through solid rock and leave an impression, as he did when seeding Earth with the concept of superheroes.
- Superhuman Speed: Ahl was capable of perceiving and communicating with The Ray while the latter was moving at light speed.
- Time Travel: Ahl traveled back in time to create the concept of the superhero, giving rise to the stories that created him in turn.
- Vulnerability to a Brick That Can Think: In one of his meta-dimensional comics, Ahl claimed the only thing that could hurt him was a brick that could think - another way to say nothing - until Haxxalon exploited the loophole with the brick of a sentient street to kill him.
- 7 Appearances of Ahl (Prime Earth)
- 2 Images featuring Ahl (Prime Earth)
- 2 Quotations by or about Ahl (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Ahl (Prime Earth)