Al Fresco, a.k.a. The Trickster, was a fun-loving colorful master criminal, in Metropolis, in the early 1950s.
In the early 1950s in Metropolis, Oswald "the Prankster" Loomis took on an apprentice, who reminded him of himself. Disguising the apprentice as himself, he sent him out to do a test crime, a daring daylight robbery, devised by the apprentice. True to form, the Prankster also set him up to be apprehended by Superman. But the upstart criminal mastermind escaped, some hard feelings ensued, and an intense rivalry developed. All of this caused a few days worth of problems for Superman, but he soon had both of the madcap masterminds jailed.
Powers and Abilities
- Trickery: Al Fresco was at least as innovative and sly as Oswald Loomis, at devising gags, pranks, booby-traps, and physical mischief, in the pursuit of crime.
- This version of the Trickster, including all history and corresponding appearances, was erased from existence following the collapse of the original Multiverse in the 1985–86 Crisis on Infinite Earths limited series. Even though versions of the character may have since appeared, this information does not apply to those versions.
- 1 Appearances of Al Fresco (Earth-Two)
- 1 Images featuring Al Fresco (Earth-Two)
- 2 Quotations by or about Al Fresco (Earth-Two)
- Character Gallery: Al Fresco (Earth-Two)
|Superman Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of Superman in any of his various incarnations, or members of the Superman Family. This template will categorize articles that include it into the "Superman Villains category."