Alan Scott found a magic lantern, which gave him power in accordance with a prophecy. He was a hero who protected people under the alias Green Lantern. Over time, Alan integrated his lantern into his armor, thereby becoming a self-renewing power source and making him more powerful than before. The extent of this power boost is not specified.
Sometime after Superman retired, Green Lantern decided to become more proactive. He built a space station, New Oa, and he lay in wait for an alien invasion that never came. He waited for ten years, until he was recruited by Superman for his 'Justice League', their first mission back being to subdue the Ammericommando from slaughtering refugees gathering on Liberty Island.
He served with the league, corralling super-criminals and rogue metahumans into the prison called the Gulag. He travels with the rest of the team to the Gulag to contain the prisoner revolt. Captain Marvel arrives and blasts the Gulag, freeing all the prisoners, who then attack the surrounding Justice League members. During the battle at the Gulag he is shot down by Oliver Queen. Jade sends a protective bubble over the top of him when the United Nations drop a nuclear bomb on all the fighting metahumans. He then helps calm Superman down. Afterwards he becomes a U.N. charter member under the nation of New Oa. He attended Batman's funeral, but the full extent of his adventures are unknown.
- Starheart Empowerment: Alan Scott's magic ring and lantern gave him the power to create constructs out of green flame, which are limited only by his willpower and contact with wood (which destroys them).
- According to character supplement in Kingdom Come / Revelations, Alan Scott partly embodies the ambitions of the Silver Age Hal Jordan, and that his Emerald City of New Oa reflects the science-fiction concepts of the Silver Age Green Lantern.
- According to Alex Ross, Alan Scott was originally to be referred to as "Green Knight" to explain his knightly armor he now wears.
- 18 Appearances of Alan Scott (Earth-22)
- 7 Images featuring Alan Scott (Earth-22)
- Quotations by or about Alan Scott (Earth-22)
- Character Gallery: Alan Scott (Earth-22)
|Elseworlds Character |
This character exists within an Elseworlds continuity, and as such is not a part of the mainstream DC Universe; they may also exist within the 52 Multiverse. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Elseworlds Characters."
Justice Society of America member
|Justice League member|
This character is or was a member of the Justice League of America, or the Justice League in any of its various incarnations, sworn by a duty to act as guardians of America and the world by using their skills and/or superpowers to protect Earth from both interstellar and domestic threats.