Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation's. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Alan Scott was a young engineer; one evening he was riding a train over a bridge when it collapsed. Alan was supposed to grasp at a Lantern that would save his life and transform him into the first Green Lantern of Earth, however Doctor Manhattan moved the lantern six inches out of Alan's reach so that Scott dies in the train accident and leaves no family behind, as the green lantern is passed through different locations thereafter.
Alan and the rest of the Society encounter John Stewart and Barry Allen. He expresses surprise when John brings up the Green Lantern Corps and implores John to tell him more about the corps, but is stopped by Doctor Fate. He, the other society, John and Barry go to Pearl Harbor, shortly before is attacked by the Japanese. He and his allies battle the Legion of Doom and the Japanese forces under their control, before Aquaman shows up.
- Alan Scott/Green Lantern was created by Bill Finger and Martin Nodell, first appearing in All-American Comics #16. However, in the Prime Earth continuity Alan Scott/Green Lantern first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Doomsday Clock #7 by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank.
- 5 Appearances of Alan Scott (Prime Earth)
- 5 Images featuring Alan Scott (Prime Earth)
- 1 Quotations by or about Alan Scott (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Alan Scott (Prime Earth)
Expression error: Missing operand for -.
Justice Society of America member