Albert Dekker was a ruthless businessman.
WPA chose Alan Scott's company instead Dekker's to build a railway bridge. As revenge, Dekker sabotaged the bridge, causing the train to derail, just while Alan Scott himself was in a train. All the passengers were killed, except Alan, who was protected by an ancient railroad lantern. The green train lantern spoke to him and bequeathed him the power of the Green Lantern. Alan used his newfound power to forge himself a power ring and take vendetta against Dekker. Dekker died, seemingly, of heart attack while Alan Scott was flying and holding him.
Powers and Abilities
- Electrical Engineering: Dekker was an Alan Scott's rival engineer.
- Business Management: Alan Scott once described Dekker as "a kind who made a fortune off people's misery after the stock market crash".
- Although this character was originally introduced during DC's Earth-Two era of publication, their existence following the events of the 1985–86 limited series Crisis on Infinite Earths remains intact. However, some elements of the character's Pre-Crisis history may have been altered or removed for Post-Crisis New Earth continuity, and no longer apply.
- Historically, Dekker was the first villain of any Green Lantern.
- Green Lantern's origin is retold in Secret Origins (Volume 2) #18. Dekker's first name, Albert, is revealed in that issue.
- 4 Appearances of Albert Dekker (New Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Albert Dekker (New Earth)
- Quotations by or about Albert Dekker (New Earth)
- Character Gallery: Albert Dekker (New Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."