Looking for a different version of this character?
|As a result of the New 52 in 2011, the entire line of DC characters was relaunched, incorporating properties belonging to the company's imprints: Wildstorm, Milestone, and Vertigo. As such, elements of this character's history have been altered in some way from the previous incarnation. For a complete list of all versions of this character, see our disambiguation page.|
Albert Dekker was a ruthless businessman and Alan Scott's rival engineer.
Alan Scott outbid Dekker, his rival engineer, for a bridge contract, but Dekker ordered his henchmen to blow up a bomb beneath the bridge derailing the train on which Scott was traveling with his lover Jimmy Henton so that the government would take his bid. Everyone on board was killed in the explosion – everyone but Scott. When Scott woke up, he tried to save the dying Jimmy, who pointed out to him the presence of a strange green light among the wreckage.
With this fantastic new power under his command, Scott set out to find Dekker. Glowing like a green phantom, he phased through the walls of Dekker's office and made him and his henchmen see justice.
- Albert Dekker was created by Bill Finger and Martin Nodell, first appearing in All-American Comics #16. However, in the Prime Earth continuity, Albert Dekker first appeared as part of the New 52 DC Universe in Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 by James Tynion IV and Gary Frank.
- 1 Appearances of Albert Dekker (Prime Earth)
- 1 Images featuring Albert Dekker (Prime Earth)
- Quotations by or about Albert Dekker (Prime Earth)
- Character Gallery: Albert Dekker (Prime Earth)
|Green Lantern Villain(s) |
This character is or was primarily an enemy of the Green Lantern of Earth, or the Green Lantern Corps as a whole. This template will categorize articles that include it into the category "Green Lantern Villains."